[SOLVED] Heatsink mounting, LGA 1151

May 30, 2019
Greatings everyone, so i have a question, It is safe to use heatsink like this on lga 1151 socket? i replace the push clip with M3 screw and i add old bracket behind the motherboard.I just afraid if this screw can cause shorting on motherboard or any other issue to motherboard. Thank's for any advice.

vfcff8.jpg

t9v1h5.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
I don't see a issue. As long as the mounting height from the heatsink base to the cpu hasn't changed, you can pretty much use any nut/bolt combination/intel lga11xx base. I'd do a dry-fit first, make sure it'll work as intended before applying paste.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see a issue. As long as the mounting height from the heatsink base to the cpu hasn't changed, you can pretty much use any nut/bolt combination/intel lga11xx base. I'd do a dry-fit first, make sure it'll work as intended before applying paste.

Solution
May 30, 2019

Ok, but i dont know about the height, so it's not really same height as before.
I replace the "push clip", and i'm using a plastic/nylon bolt as spacer and i try to equalize the height of the old push clip with this plastic/nylon bolt, is this safe enough?