HeatSink Spins and Stops and Spin again and Stops.

Luis_Uy

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
I Was not having this problem before until one day my computer automatically shutdown and when i check the heat sink it is not spinning, So i take it out and try to clean all the dust from the outside and the build up dust at the sink. I never had this problem before. can someone help me please.. I really need to make this computer. :(

I tried giving a push couple of times but i still won't spin.
And my Computer is still working i can still use it but it's will turn off when my cpu gets hot. i also hear single beep when my pc is booting.

This is the video of my heatsink Problem: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P65Tt597ulE

I Have a
Processor:AMD FX 8150 Eight Core
Video:Geforce Gtx 750Ti
Ram:4 Ddr3 4Gb of rams.
Mobo:GA-970A-UD3
heatsink:Cooler Master not sure what version of cooler master.
PowerSupply: Performance 600W

Solution
okay so your inside looks like this, and by this image your powering the fan directly with a 4 pin white Molex connector, which tells me your always running it at max speed, if you have this setup for 2-3 years, that fan needs to be replaced more than likely
shut computer down, get fan out, go to store, get a replacement (look for molex connector) and put it back in and see. cost anything between 4-19$ for a fan like that.

PS: while your at it get a can of air and below all that layer of thick dust everywhere inside you computer

7yCyeKC.jpg

Luis_Uy

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
It has only one fan the other side is just a lines of metals. the other fans in my case is working fine. my video card is working fine too. split on a single controller, I only check my Bios and checked the rpm of my fans and it says 0 for my CPU fan which is my heatsink and i reset it. I did't change any settings in my computer because all i do in my computer is work and gaming. Any other way to know if my Heatsink is dead? I really don't know what heatsink should i use if ineeded to buy a new one.

okay so your inside looks like this, and by this image your powering the fan directly with a 4 pin white Molex connector, which tells me your always running it at max speed, if you have this setup for 2-3 years, that fan needs to be replaced more than likely
shut computer down, get fan out, go to store, get a replacement (look for molex connector) and put it back in and see. cost anything between 4-19$ for a fan like that.

PS: while your at it get a can of air and below all that layer of thick dust everywhere inside you computer

7yCyeKC.jpg

Solution

Luis_Uy

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
What do i need to change? The Whole heatsink or just the Fan? and do i have to change the molex connector too? or it comes with the fan when i bought it. And if i have to change the whole heatsink what should i get for mid range price. or i i just neds to change just the fan is it possible to remove the fan from my Heatsink?

yes buy a fan of same size and with same connector... and btw the 2012-08-06 in red on the fan is the year this was made :) I put in bold items you should look for on the fan, the rpm is not as important but I would make sure is close ie : 1800-2000rpm. or get one that is variable 500-2500 :) would be an improvement

information about exact fan is : CoolerMaster DF1202512SEHN-2 12V 0.54A XtraFlo 120 CPU cabinet 120*120*25MM 12cm 4 wires PWM cooling fan
Product brand: COOLER MASTER
Product type: DF1202512SEHN-2
Appearance size: 120mm * 120mm * 25MM
Speed reference:Maximum 1900 rpm
Bearing type: alloy bearing
Service life: 50000 hours
Noise reference: 14-28.9 DB
Rated voltage: 12V
Rated voltage: 0.54A
Interface type: 4Pin port motherboard
Speed monitoring: support
Fan long:15cm

good brands like corsair, fractal design, Noctua, cooler Master, etc. will ensure a long life. they do cost more then a no name brand, but In a pinch , knowing in 3 month you will get a better fan you can get a cheap one, it will be noisier and tend to vibrate more.