I never follow any update about pc anymore, so i really need suggestion
I have pc (build from 2011):
i7 3770 3,4ghz (lga 1155) with stock cooler
1050ti (upgraded from 750ti)
corsair 12gb ram (ddr 3 1600mhz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-HD3
room ambience (idk)
casing: 455x180x420mm (LWH)

Since corona my pc is online 18-20/7. It has average temperature around 70-ish celcius when i work (mostly just few tabs chrome+few microsoft word/excel/power point)
It went crazy around 90-95 degrees Celsius when i play games (fifa 21 ultra setting/AC: odyssey/etc.)
Think i need to replace this stock cooler but i dont know what to buy, too many choices.
Would be very glad if you suggest/share your experience with any of these coolers? budget $30ish but might increase the budget max $100 if it's really reduce tremendous amount of temperature.
Currently looking at Cryorig M9i ($20) and Cryorig H7 ($30)

Thank you!

The Intel stock cooler is insufficient for that kind of load. Any aft unit is better than the stock one. The two coolers you have mentioned are good and should help reduce temperatures drastically, specially the H7. Since its a locked CPU, you wont need anything too big. I would go with the H7, or even better this one...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU Cooler | Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler | $49.99 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $49.99
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-03 04:08 EDT-0400 |

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Ivy Bridges are easy to cool compared to chips of today, you won't need much cooling especially with a non-K CPU.

I'd say just get the H7, it's not that much more money compared to the tiny H9i. The H9i is good enough for your system, but the H7 is another tier up from the H9i. Plus, you can keep the cooler when you upgrade down the road, assuming you're not going with AM5. Might as well get the better one.

I'd recommend a Gammaxx 400 (any of its variants, really), but seeing you can get Cryorig for 30 bucks while Gammaxxes costs about 20-25 depending on which model, I don't see why not pick H7 instead. About the same performance, availability and aesthetics would be more decisive.

Mugen 5 is better, quite a jump in budget though. IMO Mugen 5 and better is more suited for hotter CPUs and/or overclocking.

That said, I'd say $50 is about the sweet spot for mainstream cooling. There's really not much to gain going to $100, not as much as jumping from say $20 to $40-50 range. $30 or so is where's it at for maximum bang for buck. More so for non overclock use.

Jun 3, 2021
Thanks all for the reply! I just finished my work.
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B is $81+3 delivery in my area, sad.

Wait, so 4 pipes is better than 3?
Gammaxx GTE V2 is $21,7 inc. delivery. I have read (but forget where) few people says their amd stealth cooler (which amd stock) is better than their new gammaxx (forget 300 or 400).
So gammax gte v2 or H7? can i still use the gammax gte v2 if, let say i upgrade my chip+mobo?

The NH-U12S is a cheap 120mm tower cooler with a fancy fan for 2x the cost. I am not a fan of it because of the price. Gammaxx 400 v2 is pretty good for the money.

I wouldn't go for the Criorigs since they only have 3 heatpipes.

Intel's 1st through 11th generation all use the same mounting spacing, so any cooler compatible with your system would also work with a new Intel system.
if the cooler has am4 mounts it will be able to be swapped to AMD.

Jun 3, 2021
The NH-U12S is a cheap 120mm tower cooler with a fancy fan for 2x the cost. I am not a fan of it because of the price. Gammaxx 400 v2 is pretty good for the money.

I wouldn't go for the Criorigs since they only have 3 heatpipes.

Intel's 1st through 11th generation all use the same mounting spacing, so any cooler compatible with your system would also work with a new Intel system.
if the cooler has am4 mounts it will be able to be swapped to AMD.
Sorry i don't follow, is gammaxx 400 v2 same as gammaxx gte v2?
if yes, the gammaxx gte v2 has white lighting on it, can i turned it off? i'm an old school & simple lad, i prefer fancy room than fancy desktop :ROFLMAO:

Jun 3, 2021
Lads! I finally bought:
  • 1 pcs Gammaxx GTE V2 (white ver.) from DEEPCOOL --> $21
  • 2 pcs 120mm cooling fan from DEEPCOOL --> @$3x2= $6
  • 1 pcs Z5 thermal paste from DEEPCOOL -->$3
Total --> $30,7 (+shipping)

First, i wanna say this aftermarket cooler is unbelievable, i don't understand where am i this entire life.

My CPU temperature with stock cooler:
Idle (without running any software) : 55-58C
Working (few tabs chrome & few microsoft software) : 68-75ish C
Gaming (ex: fifa 21 ultra setting) : 95-99C, sometimes hit 102-105C only on cut scene.

My CPU temperature after using sort of magic stuff for -+ 1 hour:
Idle: 48-49C
Running few tabs chrome & few microsoft software (20ish mins): 53-55ish C
Gaming (-+30 mins, ultra setting): 53-61C (inc. cut scene)

It ain't even touch 70 degree Celcius!

Other important thing is: it literally doesn't have any noise!
Even though the white lighting is on, but swear to god, for the first 30 mins, i constantly check the cooler to make sure if its on or off!

All of these are only $31, Jesus!l Even my marlboro cost $18/pack.
I really want to provide pict, but i don't think it's really necessary.

The only thing i regret is i knew there's a black version (without LED) after i bought this. Probably gonna replace it with black version if this white lighting really distract my own world.

Nonetheless, this stuff is a light-bringer. Considering my old setup, it feels like seeing my grandpa play football in an international standard football field.

BIG thank you to Hellfire13 iPeekYou NightHawkRMX and Eximo for the help.
I don't know which answer i should mark as best answer. Guess i'll just mark this as best answer.

Have a good day!

TL : DR
Gammaxx GTE V2 is RECOMMENDED!

Yep, I have owned a couple of the Gammaxx 400 V2 coolers, which are similar performance to the GTE. Always have been satisfied by the performance.

I don't find them particularly quiet though. Certainly not loud, and versus a stock cooler it will be quiet, however it certainly is louder than my Arctic Freezer 34 esports or any noctua.

Status
Not open for further replies.