Question heaven benchmark test two 2080ti sli

Huehuel

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Hello guys. I was testing benchmarking in heaven benchmark on u ultra settings and 2k. i got 4160 point with two 2080ti oc sli. With one on the other hand i got 3600 points? How is this possbile? My sli is detected in windows but maybe my pipes between my gpus are not so well measured maybe the pins dont connect well in the sli bridge is that possbile? Im running a custom loop. Just 560 more points with sli? How can that be. Really appreciate all of your times in here you helped me so much so far!!!

Yes, SLI isn't greatly supported, and does not scale well. It's hardly used in games anymore, and DOES NOT yield double the score. Most developers add in the option, but scaling is so bad, its often better to use just one card.

The best advice is always to have the best single card you can afford, and forget about SLI.

SLI can also bring downsides, like micro stuttering.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildCard999

Huehuel

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Yes, SLI isn't greatly supported, and does not scale well. It's hardly used in games anymore, and DOES NOT yield double the core. Most developers add in the option, but scaling is so bad, its often better to use just one card.

The best advice is always to have the best single card you can afford, and forget about SLI.

SLI can also bring downsides, like micro stuttering.

Well thanks for clearing that up i really like sli cause it looks cool in my build. Well i was hoping for 33% not like 14 % XD Well i understand you guys alot. Thanks for clearing stuff up for me. I have one more question, if i disable sli in nvidia controlpanel will this only works as one card? too compare one with two if i get micro stuttering or not

Last edited: