[SOLVED] Heavy Artifacting on 2060

Zethio

Distinguished
May 9, 2014
Hey Tomshardware, I recently bought a new GPU due to I figured out my 980 was failing. Whenever I used my PC with the 980, I would get heavy flickering across both monitors, even when I just idled. When in games like LoL and CSGO, the driver would often crash, etc. (tried a clean install of windows + drivers, didn't do anything, so figured it was hardware related).

I bought a 2060 here less than 2 weeks ago and I'm already experiencing heavy artifacting. (Only in certain games, Dota 2, Dishonored 2, PUBG) but none of the sames issues (ingame crashes and flickering) that my 980 had. My question is, is it likely I got a bad GPU (Considering the issues the gpu's have is different) or it it more likely my Motherboard or PSU cause these issues?(Both back from i5 2500k was new)

Zethio

Distinguished
May 9, 2014

Sorry for the late answer, didn't receive an email notification. I own a 750W PSU but is about 7 years old, I can't remember the specific name, but it's a Corsair. Based on how it looks, I'm 90% sure its this one https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMPSU-750TX-750-Watt-Certified-compatible/dp/B000X2677A