Question Heavy input lag in games, is this caused by the CPU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2022
Hello there guys, im new here and need some help.
I have:
lga 1366 msi pro e mainboard,
xenon x5675,
gtx 1050 ti,
500gb kingston SSD,
16GB ddr3 ram,
650W PSU with OVP, UVP, OPP etc,

I'm having severe input lag issues that were non- existent before.

I have checked the ram for hours with memorytest and there was nothing, i have replaced the mainboard, cpu, gpu, SSD and PSU already and the input lag in games is still there.
Games take like 10 years to respond when I move the mouse and the problem wasn't present a few weeks ago.
I have made tests with latency moon and it seems to me that the cpu might be the problem.
I had my cpu OC to 3.8Ghz with proper OC settings and then set the bios back to default settings and the cpu to around 3Ghz, temps before and after were are ok, nothing higher than 70 degrees max, I have checked everything with HWinfo, all temps of my entire system seem to be fine.
Is it a bios problem maybe?

I've tried turning off anything that might cause lag, stuttering or performance problems in the bios and it still didnt solve the problem.
I've even used different windows versions to make sure its not the OS. Im currently using win 10.
I would really appreciate help, I wanna get this problem solved asap, its getting really annoying. Let me know what else you need to know.
Tyvm.

Aug 14, 2022
I'm having the same issue as you. Everything is updated to the latest drivers (Chipset, GPU, Bios..), no OC, temps are okay. My FPS is high and stable.
I'm already out of ideas of what else can I do to fix this input lag.. Previously I had my first pc that I built myself which had R7-5800X, MSI RTX 3080, 32GB of ram and 850W PSU.
I had this first pc for about half a year and then it started to have input lag out of nowhere, I tried everything I could think of on how to fix it but without a luck, so I sold it.
Now I have a second rig that I also built by myself (R9-5900X, GIGABYTE RTX 3080, 32GB of RAM, Seasonic 1000W PSU, 144hz monitor) and it is doing the same thing. No matter what I do, I can't fix it.

For example, there is input lag in BIOS/when installing windows/on desktop/in games. It feels like the mouse is inaccurate, slow and delayed by 0.3sec even tho "Enhance pointer precision" is ticked off. I also tried multiple different mouse. What I didn't change at all is my 144 monitor (I don't know if old monitor can cause input lag/delay?).

Nov 23, 2022
I'm having the same issue as you. Everything is updated to the latest drivers (Chipset, GPU, Bios..), no OC, temps are okay. My FPS is high and stable.
I'm already out of ideas of what else can I do to fix this input lag.. Previously I had my first pc that I built myself which had R7-5800X, MSI RTX 3080, 32GB of ram and 850W PSU.
I had this first pc for about half a year and then it started to have input lag out of nowhere, I tried everything I could think of on how to fix it but without a luck, so I sold it.
Now I have a second rig that I also built by myself (R9-5900X, GIGABYTE RTX 3080, 32GB of RAM, Seasonic 1000W PSU, 144hz monitor) and it is doing the same thing. No matter what I do, I can't fix it.

For example, there is input lag in BIOS/when installing windows/on desktop/in games. It feels like the mouse is inaccurate, slow and delayed by 0.3sec even tho "Enhance pointer precision" is ticked off. I also tried multiple different mouse. What I didn't change at all is my 144 monitor (I don't know if old monitor can cause input lag/delay?).
Hello again.
So.
I have a new gaming monitor now with +144Hz and I also another one and the input lag problem was STILL there.
I also have a new ryzen 5600G and a asrock b450M hdv r4 with 16GB corsair ddr4 ram and a new hdmi cable but that didnt do anything either

If I play a game at lower resolution the input lag gets less, If I then switch back to Full hd for example, the extreme input lag is there again.

And the latencymoon report is now worse than before.

highest reported DPC execution time; 6300 uS
reported total hardware pagefault count; 12000
The rest of the values are the same.

And all that within 1 Minute of playing a game!
The SSD is also brand new so it cant be that either.

It has to be a power related problem, is has to be.
Latencymoon also suggests that it is one in red text.

The cpu probably doesnt get enough power and thats what causes all of this, my PSU is new however so it cant be that either which means its probably a mains electricity problem or maybe a electromagnetic interference problem?

When I play games at full screen I SOMETIMES have zero input lag again but only for like 5min and then the full input lag is present again.

I tried running my whole PC + monitor on a different mains outlet in my apartment and that had no efffect, I might try running my PC in my friends apartment and see if that helps.

Wanna dm me your discord name so we can talk arvenzie?

Aug 14, 2022
Hello again.
So.
I have a new gaming monitor now with +144Hz and I also another one and the input lag problem was STILL there.
I also have a new ryzen 5600G and a asrock b450M hdv r4 with 16GB corsair ddr4 ram and a new hdmi cable but that didnt do anything either

If I play a game at lower resolution the input lag gets less, If I then switch back to Full hd for example, the extreme input lag is there again.

And the latencymoon report is now worse than before.

highest reported DPC execution time; 6300 uS
reported total hardware pagefault count; 12000
The rest of the values are the same.

And all that within 1 Minute of playing a game!
The SSD is also brand new so it cant be that either.

It has to be a power related problem, is has to be.
Latencymoon also suggests that it is one in red text.

The cpu probably doesnt get enough power and thats what causes all of this, my PSU is new however so it cant be that either which means its probably a mains electricity problem or maybe a electromagnetic interference problem?

When I play games at full screen I SOMETIMES have zero input lag again but only for like 5min and then the full input lag is present again.

I tried running my whole PC + monitor on a different mains outlet in my apartment and that had no efffect, I might try running my PC in my friends apartment and see if that helps.

Wanna dm me your discord name so we can talk arvenzie?
Yes, I will DM you my discord so we can talk about it. I also talk with another guy who also has this exact problem.

I also suspect that it's the problem with electricity.

My latencymon doesn't show any problems at all, everything is fine, no high DPC, no high pagefault count..

When I benchmark my PC for the whole day, everything is as it should be. No temperature problems, bottlenecks or crashes. I'm going to my grandma's house soon to test if it's the electricity problem, and if it's going to be the same then I have to buy a new monitor, because my monitor is the only hardware that I didn't change at all since the start of the input lag.

Nov 23, 2022
Yes, I will DM you my discord so we can talk about it. I also talk with another guy who also has this exact problem.

I also suspect that it's the problem with electricity.

My latencymon doesn't show any problems at all, everything is fine, no high DPC, no high pagefault count..

When I benchmark my PC for the whole day, everything is as it should be. No temperature problems, bottlenecks or crashes. I'm going to my grandma's house soon to test if it's the electricity problem, and if it's going to be the same then I have to buy a new monitor, because my monitor is the only hardware that I didn't change at all since the start of the input lag.
Another thing I forgot to mention:
I also hooked up my PC+monitor to an uninterruptible power supply and made sure to completely remove all cables that go to the mains outlet, only the ethernet cable that goes to my modem was left and the problem was still present, I did all of this midgame and reconnected the UPS back to the mains outlet after a few minutes.

My Modem has WIFI and is close to my PC.
Maybe running the PC + monitor isolated in another room with wifi usb adapter+ UPS will bring results.
Maybe the mains outlet is dirty and has hard transients or the normal mains voltage fluctuates way too much is not stable enough.
Testing the mains voltage with some external devices for those things with the pc turned on and off might help.
Im considering everything, I really wanna get this problem fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.