Feb 23, 2022
Hello all!

Brand new PC user here, just picked it up and it's such a more enjoyable experience than my console. It's leagues above what I used to have in terms of performance and ability to customize it. Love everything about it.

BUT,

I am experiencing a very problematic micro stutter when operating Warzone. Very often, there will be a small "jolt" in the visuals causing a stutter effect, almost like skipping, and any movement or processes feels like this: (link for reference, this is not my video but it gives the best demonstration of what I'm seeing). Tried to search the internet, but obviously YouTube can't fix my issue as all systems and interfaces are different. I'm really hoping someone who knows more about this could help me. Here is the specs:

1440p 144hz Monitor
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
AMD Radeon RX 6600XT
16gb DDR4-2666
NVMe 500gb SSD
650w Power Supply

The Rundown:
I usually run the game at 1440p with an average of 90 fps with medium graphics, and usually average 115 with low to low-medium graphics. The first thing I started to look over when the issue was prevalent was my in-game graphics settings. I browsed around the settings for my graphics, adjusting as I needed to, but after all that no notable graphics changes made a difference. I then turned to my AMD Radeon Software and changed a couple things as well. Once again, none of it really made a difference (G-sync did help a little to alleviate the intensity of the micro stuttering, but nothing outstanding).

I then turned to monitor how my system was running in-game. I noted that my frames do usually average the numbers mentioned earlier, but there are HEAVY fluctuations. In game, frames can go down to 70, then jump up to 115 (while on medium graphics). I started to believe that the jumping of frames could be related to stuttering I was seeing visually, which led me to my next steps of downgrading the resolution down to 1080p because I thought the res could be stressing out my GPU, but that didn't change the stutter. My frames went up to average 130, but that's all it did. I checked and made sure my VRAM wasn't being overloaded, but it was only reaching to about 30% utilization with the in-game settings I had (about 2-3gb was being used out of my 8gb available).

Then, still believing the random drops in frames is what I'm visually seeing, I downloaded a software to monitor and log my GPU's stats during gameplay and noticed that my GPU load was between 80-90% despite VRAM only being used at 30%. Not sure if related, but worth noting. I also looked into the data sheet I logged, and noticed the GPU Clock is all over the place in terms of it's processing. I don't know if that is normal or not for a GPU to fluctuate that much during gaming, but it could possibly be what I'm seeing visually.

The 6600 XT is rated at a Base Clock of 1968 MHz, with Game Clock at 2359 MHz. The lowest my app logged was 1796 MHz, and a high of 2153 MHz (17% difference). All of which happened within a 6 second time frame. That's basically where I stopped, which led me to turning to you guys for some help. I can provide in-game settings and Radeon settings if necessary, but this leads me to the ending of my diagnostic practices as I don't know where to go from here.

I have already:
  • Matched RendererCoreCount in the adv_config file to the cores in my system.
  • Edited VideoMemoryScale to optimize GPU utilization, didn't help.
  • Ensured Windows, Drivers, and the game are fully up to date.
  • Enabled G-sync (did help a teeny bit).
  • Tested literally ALL in-game settings and Radeon settings (also helped a teeny bit).
Anything would help as it feels like I've hit a wall. Any help would be awesome.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022
Solved!

I went back into my Radeon Settings for the game and noticed too much graphical re-texturing was occurring and thereby slowing the GPU's processing power. Tuned down all of the image after-effects and now the game runs flawlessly. If anyone on AMD is running into the same issues, message me and I can share my settings.

Solved!

I went back into my Radeon Settings for the game and noticed too much graphical re-texturing was occurring and thereby slowing the GPU's processing power. Tuned down all of the image after-effects and now the game runs flawlessly. If anyone on AMD is running into the same issues, message me and I can share my settings.
Glad you figured it out.

Just curious, but was this a pre-built or did someone assist you with the parts selection?

Is that RAM one single stick or two?

Feb 23, 2022
Glad you figured it out.

Just curious, but was this a pre-built or did someone assist you with the parts selection?

Is that RAM one single stick or two?

This was a pre-built I got from Micro Center. As I'm new to PC's, I didn't have the intuition nor resources to build my own. I have learned a LOT more about PC's in the past week while trying to figure out the inconsistencies of my GPU's performance, and I could probably build my own with what I now know (minus assistance with BIOS), but at my current situation a pre-built was my best option.

The pre-built came equipped with 2 sticks of 8gb ram.

Reactions: drivinfast247
Jun 5, 2022
Solved!

Hi, can I please get your settings as I'm on AMD and am having the same issue! Thanks