Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Not sure how to fix this but here are my specs
i5 4670k
MSI Z97S SLI KRAIT Edition
Brand New Nvidia 1060 gtx
corsair H80 water cooler
Sparklepower PSU

i feel like my specs should blow most games out of the water but the games look like crap, i mean my old setup with a 9800gt ran beautifly in comparison and has been for a while now (even with my 770 gtx).. turning to this forum for some support. Its very noticable while in motion and a lot of the textures are jagged with Archeage/Rust/TF2 ETC

Ran Memtest and passed
ran cpu diagnostic and it passed
Graphics is brand new
Just replaced PSU
Replaced the motherboard (refurbished)
Literally the only thing i havent re-purchaced is the memory/cpu and thinking about upgrading to i7 so maybe that'll fix everything

perhaps the monitor is running at a fps is doesn't support acer s220hql since it is a 60 hz monitor but not shelling anymore money until i know for sure what my problem is

Alberto376

Honorable
Nov 21, 2015
Well you said that the gpu is brand new, did you try with one of your old gpus and check if they run correctly? There is always the posibility of a defective Gpu.
Also did you check the temperature of it while running games? And can you put the model of the PSU to check Wattage?

Try making sure you're running clean updated drivers for your graphics card. A program like ddu will help remove all the old graphics drivers. If any are left over from the previous gpu they can conflict causing problems. Download and update to the latest nvidia drivers.
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Like Alberto376 said, the gpu could be faulty out of the box, it's rare but it happens. Before sending it back try removing it and reinstalling it making sure it's fully seated. If the issue persists and games are running better on your old gpu then I'd suggest rma'ing it for a replacement.

LaddySin

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
temps seem fine....psu is the magna gold pro 850w by sparklepower.....could there be a kink in the cpu you think cause even with my last card i was getting pretty heavy pixelation...the textures flicker when i move....i wish i could run i diagnostic for cpu/motherboad that could shed more light

Jagged textures and flickering lighting like objects are flashing is video related. Not cpu related. It could be the monitor, the cable from the monitor to the gpu, the gpu, anti aliasing settings in the game. Is the game running at the same native resolution the monitor is set to? Assuming 1920x1080 for that monitor since that's what it's designed to run at, forcing resolutions other than native can cause jaggies.

I've seen this type of complaint before dating back a couple years all the way up until a few months ago. People who suddenly had bad aliasing problems, said they tried different gpu's, different brands, different drivers, replaced every component in their system and said they did fresh installs of windows to no avail. So far I've been through about a dozen or more threads/discussions from reddit, previous TH threads, cnet etc and lots of complaints but no solutions. I find it hard to believe that a format and reinstall of the os along with all new hardware and fresh drivers seems to exhibit the same problems though I don't recall them saying they replaced their monitor. Maybe try a different monitor if possible before rushing to buy a new one?

You mentioned archeage which I believe has a lot of mods and things available for it including sweetfx and enb type mods. Have you installed any of these? Potentially a bad setting stuck somewhere that's not getting fixed with a windows reinstall? I can't be certain how people are reinstalling windows, personally I perform a full format then install on a clean freshly formatted partition. Some people reinstall over an existing install which would overwrite original windows files but not necessarily additional files from other applications or game addons.

LaddySin

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
that could be a reason for the pixelation.....i've replaced my video card twice now.....second time because of overheating and crashing issues and i've had the same problem....i tried the game on a second monitor and it seems to still have the problem but its less evident on it (still 60 hz monitor)....its just every time i'm in motion the pixelation is more and more evident.....WoW has less pixelation and game runs better on the 32 bit version than the 64bit version so I figured it could be the cpu but i see that thats not the case now i guess......should i try to upgrade to windows 10 to take advantage of direct x 12?

Alberto376

Honorable
Nov 21, 2015
It hurts me that u still have this problem :( .

Lets see did you reinstall windows? and are u using msi afterburner or any kind of software like thisone? did you overclock anything?

Maybe u already replied this somewhere but im at work and i dont have too much time right now to read everything.

LaddySin

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
i've reinstalled windows couple times and problem persisted.....i tried underclocking and it didnt work still....i've tried so many things and replaced too many parts... i think i'm gonna try my monitor on another computer

LaddySin

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
problem persisted on one game (newer one though) but pretty much went away in an established game as opposed to my setup so i dont think its a monitor issue......i might of just got yet another bad video card from nvidia.....back in the day i had a 9800gt that just ran this card out of the water (graphically)....i feel like that shouldnt be the case but it is :/.......edit:perhaps the pixelation isnt as bad as i thought but it does exist and it annoys me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwnSYkFYcA

I didn't see the issue from the youtube clip. I'm somewhat confused though because a lot of different things are mentioned. Jaggies, artifacting and screen tearing and they're all different issues.

Jaggies are rough edges on objects and is a setting in the game graphics settings. Usually with AA turned off or set too low. It's really noticeable on straight lines at angles or smooth curving objects (like a bow weapon, edge of a sword held at an angle).
Test_nn.gif

Artifacting is usually a problem with the gpu, either overheating, poor power delivery, overclocked too heavily etc. It shows up like this.
Distorted and chopped images like items stretched really weird.
PS3-Artifacting-300x225.jpg

Or speckled pixel clusters and odd coloration in certain areas or banding.
ivuT4XGxQe6sLdMCdajbtQ.png

Tearing can look similar to this and results from the video card frames rendered not matching the refresh rate of the monitor. It's why things like g-sync, freesync etc exist, to try and time the output frames rendered by the gpu to the refresh rate of the monitor so they display at the right time. Things like gsync or freesync can create more input lag though sometimes (responsiveness to what the screen shows can be a little delayed). If the gpu is putting out 100fps but the monitor can only display 60fps (60hz) then extra frames may be shown at the same time and causes an odd shift in the display. Notice the way the image appears to be sliced and slices shoved apart from one another at the trees and pathway, multiple frames showing at the same time.
film-tearing.jpg

Very unlikely it was your cpu. Have you tried your graphics card in a different pcie slot? Just to rule out a bad slot. Also make sure the gpu is fully seated to the motherboard. Have you tried a different power supply? It's possible to have a couple bad graphics cards but not likely. If possible try a different monitor on your system, maybe borrow one from a friend. Use their display cable as well to rule that out also (from monitor to gpu).

LaddySin

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
its pixelation....its hard to explain.....but its just grainy textures. It's not really artifacting....i got screen tearing with windows 10 but it went away when i reverted back to windows 7

It sounds like some sort of gpu problem to me, I've had it happen in some games when settings weren't optimal. If you have another pcie slot try moving the gpu to a different slot. Double checking it's fully inserted. Try using ddu to uninstall all the graphics drivers completely and make sure the most recent are installed fresh. If you can, try your gpu in a friend's pc and see if the problems persist or not as a way to check the gpu itself.

LaddySin

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
I have tried multiple monitors with same results, but both of the monitors have sames specs. I've tried 2 power supplies with similar results. I will try the other pci slot soon (when i get my anti static band). I could try my gpu in my brothers pc i guess but will have to wait on wristband once again. I mean i think it's on nvidia's end at this point but who knows anymore? I've seen countless threads with this same issue and most people have not found fixes which sucks but i think at this point its just the status of the gpu market these days. There were glory days for gpus and i guess those days are long gone. I've had a 9800 gt that out performed all recent generations and i dont think this is fluke, but i'd like to thank everyone for the help.