warband_13245

Honorable
May 12, 2012
i'm planning to run a gtx680+i5 3570k. will a hec rapter ii 600w psu be sufficient to do it? anyone had experience with that psu? thanks!

Solution
yep, if you can afford a 680 and ivy bridge then you can definitely afford a better power supply!

It's much better if you spend the extra $40 to get a reliable unit than risk frying $1000 worth of kit because of a cheap, over-exaggerated spec'ed PSU.
Brands to look out for are Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, XFX and OCZ... to name a few. These will actually be able to run at their stated wattage. I've seen other PSUs which are stated at 750W but only give out 600, and heard of similar units giving out half their stated wattage, so stick with the decent stuff!

jwk3

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
yep, if you can afford a 680 and ivy bridge then you can definitely afford a better power supply!

It's much better if you spend the extra $40 to get a reliable unit than risk frying $1000 worth of kit because of a cheap, over-exaggerated spec'ed PSU.
Brands to look out for are Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, XFX and OCZ... to name a few. These will actually be able to run at their stated wattage. I've seen other PSUs which are stated at 750W but only give out 600, and heard of similar units giving out half their stated wattage, so stick with the decent stuff!

Solution