Hehe, Dell start looking into AMD chips

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,5093507,00.html" target="_new">Quote:</A> "Dell's status as the worldwide leader in PC sales would make a move to AMD chips a significant shift for the company. Founder and CEO Michael Dell has at times blasted AMD's Athlon processor as an unproven computing platform.

But these are desperate times in the PC business, and Dell could be looking for a way to further differentiate its systems from competitors or to offer lower prices."

Heh, finally, heh.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeah, you didn't see the survey on their webpage asking people about AMD vs. Intel?

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Same, just built my own computer. Someone posted it here though. That's the only reason I brought it up.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, I have no idea how to delete the post then. I would gladly take it off if there is same thing already exists.
Any body, HELP!!!! hehe

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's cool, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will see this one and didn't see the other one.

bhc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
You can take the survey right <A HREF="http://www.dell.com/html/us/segments/dhs/intel_amd_survey.htm" target="_new"> here </A>.

Hopefully Michael Dell can see the light and at least provide AMD chips for home and small business users. It would make sense to everyone, certainly for consumers and competition. Then again, this may be just a plot by Dell to squeeze a better deal from Intel. We will see...

**Spin all you want, but we the paying consumers will have the final word**