Question Heidoc Iso Downloader?

Sep 16, 2019
So I've bought a key for Win7,
But Microsoft won't let me download the ISO from their official website, as it's an OEM key.

However, i've found links from Microsoft themselves to Heidoc Iso Downloader, which DOES let you download any version of Windows.

This seems crazy to me, why would they disallow you from downloading from them directly?

Downloading an OS or any software from third parties makes me uneasy, I'd much rather get it from Microsoft themselves, what gives?

since your key is OEM, then OEM (like lenovo, asus, etc) is supposed to provide you with windows (its usualy in preinstalled form)
your windows 7 key is btw invalid, because under microsoft terms u have to buy it with new computer (key and new pc parts on same invoice - only mainboard is enough to count it as new pc)
microsoft wont help you with this, they sell retail keys and provide downloads/support for retail liecences only (as for win 7 goes)

Sep 16, 2019
Basically I'm trying to install win7 on a laptop which came with win7 in the first place.
I have the original product key, but microsofts website will not let me download a fresh win7 with that product key, because the product key isn't even 25 characters long (20 characters, inc the letters OEM) so won't even fit in when they ask for a product key.

So i bought a fresh key, in hopes that i'd be able to get an ISO from their site with it.
This key I bought WAS 25 characters, but microsoft would not accept because OEM key.

So, anyway, now I've found I can download ANY version of windows throught heidoc iso downloader, my question is on the legitimacy of this third party downloader.
(As I can now download windows, and use the original product key that came with the laptop in the first place, which is valid for sure.)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Personally, I wouldn't trust it, even if the links seem to come from Microsoft themselves. More than likely, it's an advertisement link made to look like part of Microsoft site. And I wouldn't be very trusting of the ads MS allows as I've had several link to trojan sites from Microsoft Solitaire.

Given that this is a laptop, it should have come either with a reinstall disc or partition on the storage drive. If you no longer have access to either of these, your only legitimate recourse is to contact the laptop manufacturer for a replacement DVD/download (sometimes at a cost).

-Wolf sends

Sep 16, 2019
I've done some digging around, and there's a few forum posts about this tool, but no definitive answer.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-and-office-iso-download-tool.59978/

Like for example here.

Apparently the iso files themselves come directly from microsofts servers....
But it does just seem weird that they wouldn't let you download them from themselves without a product key.

I'm installing onto a new SSD so the recovery partition is not an option, and this is a job I need doing asap so contacting the manufacturer for recovery media isn't an option (and in my experience in the past, they often don't have any or are unwilling to provide them anyway)