HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently installing Windows Home Server for my second go at the 30 day trial. I installed it a year ago, but have lost the ability to recollect anything. If I'm posting this in the wrong section [expletive] you. So I want to put some data(s) on my home server then access it from somewhere other than my home. How do it do it? I'll put it like this.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

Any suggestion or a link to nice tutorial that addresses how do it work? Seriously, I gotta access my home server form my offices. In the meantime peruse over this and leave a totally unrelated comment. I'm at the Home Server Welscome screen. Best answer is at stake though.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sirens/2010/sep/17/police-get-search-warrant-mans-rectum/

Ok. I have been transfering files from one of the PC's to the home server. My wife helped. Her suggestion to just calm down and stop saying awful words helped a lot. I have my vision back and my BP has dropped to 195/137. Tomorrow is the big challenge. I'll be at the office and try to access my home server from there. I may just give up on this and buy and ipod. I think she has one and has questions :eek: How do you work an ipod? Any obvious things to look for when it's plugged in?

Well, I have the Home Server lassowed and hog tied here at home. But I have not tried to log onto it at the office yet today. Later i will. I can't get it straight exactly how I am going to connect from the office to the file server here at home? Also, this unit says SP2 (power pack 2)? Isn't there an SP3 for this MS Home Server OS? So if I purchased a copy with only SP1 will it be updated to include SP3 automatically? If not, I have my wifes Nano (whatever) working and she will carry her files around on that.

Ok, just after 4:30 pm at the office and I have remote service working loud and clear. I can access my windows home server from a remote location and uplad and download my files. Took a couiple of drives back and fourth, but I did my way. Thanks for the help. Wait, I got no help.

Remote Access...catch it! Now 'm trying to figure why some files/folders can be loaded onto the file server via remote access office>home. Then some other files can not apparently. I'm gonna have to find some tutorials. Oh, here's how to set up remote access with Windows Home Sever. I had to tweak my 'ports' on my wireless router to get this going via remote access. I can access my file server from any browser. MS said so. Just wish I could transfer ALL my files I desire.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14123/setup-remote-access-in-windows-home-server/

Well, I used an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ due to it's high concentration of Unobtanium and on die blu ray capabilities. I spotted this likeness earlier today when setting up the home server. Nadines computer has began to grow mutated potatoes.

petateo.png

daship

Distinguished
If I were you I would use teamviewer and put a server client at home. The you can log into it real easy from anywhere. All you need to know is the ID and password for your at home PC that teamviewer gives you.

www.teamviewer.com

Good luck.

This server is very, very slow (around 0.2 hits/second)

My exact dial-up speed back in the 90's. Win 98's high speed capabilities fixed that cough. I'm going to try treefrog's suggestion later today. I have remote access established, but if I can find a better way to remotely transfer files I will try it. I want to transfer a lot of specific folders with jpeg's contained in them. each folder is like say 8-9MB. Windows Home Server remote access has a file transfer limit of 6GB. I can't seem to transfer the file containing the 9MB's of jpegs as a single entity. I can transfer each individual jpeg though. Don't want to do that.

Microsoft Home Server does not allow remote access upload of a 'folder'. Lameness worthy. So I have installed daship's (thank you daship) suggestion of team viewer successfully, but I have to go home and install the software on the server to establish an ID. Hopefully, on Monday I can transfer a common 'folder' containing multiple 'files' by remote access using Teamviewer.

How lame is it that Microsoft Home Server does not allow remote access transfer of a 'folder'? M$ instructs to open the folder and upload the individual files contained within the folder. The Win 95 team is still active over at M$?

Edit I am able to remotely create a 'new' folder on the home server. Then download the 'files' into that new named folder. Whoa.

So I am successfully uploading clinical photograph surveys taken earlier this morning directly from my office lab by remote access directly to my home where I can sit in comfort and photoshop them. That Unobtanium is amazing stuff.

I'm using an FX55 at 2.8GHz. today It's installed in my simulated Porsche red case and makes porsche sounds when I fire the system up. Quick and rivals my 4800X2 939 which is still running strong. I find the current AM2+/AM3 Phenom II systems really reasonable to build. I have two of 'em. Waiting for the unobtanium stuff before I think about retiring the FX. Has anyone put their finger oin who exactly has unobtanium besides me?

Status
Not open for further replies.