Hello, Anyone can let me know if I'm able SLI a Titan X Pascal with a GTX 1080 Ti?

Tan1970

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
Hi everyone in this community, I'm not really too great with computers and have recently bought a new computer and have a couple questions..

I'm just curious if I would be able to have a Titan X Pascal SLI with a GTX 1080 Ti?

If I'm not able, would it be better to try and sell the Titan on it's own and attempt to get two GTX 1080 Ti's

Not sure if future games will take advantage of SLI or not, but if I can get two for the price of the Titan X Pascal (If it sells well) would it be worth it?

I'm from Australia, so parts are expensive here, around $1200 for the 1080 Ti FE and I might be able to sell the Titan for 1.8-2K as very few vendors and online stores sell them here separately.

Also if I SLI at all will an i7 4690 be able to handle them at 2k or 4k resolution.

Much appreciate any help and information :)

Solution
No, you can only SLI 2 of the exact same chips (eg: 970 + 970 but not 970 + 980). I would personally take 2x GTX 1080 Ti over 2x Titan X for a Gaming machine, SLI scaling isn't always the best and in some games can cause issues but even 1x 1080 Ti would be powerful enough to run a majority of games at 4K fairly well. Your i7-4790 should be fine since the CPU isn't used near as much as the GPU at 4K. I am also from Australia and get your predicament with the prices but hopefully you get a good price on the Titan X will have to ask around a bit, the 1080 Ti will probably have decreased its market value quite a bit. Good luck and I Hope this helps :)

*Edit* I'd use one GTX 1080 TI for now and see how it does, if you want more power you...

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
No, you can only SLI 2 of the exact same chips (eg: 970 + 970 but not 970 + 980). I would personally take 2x GTX 1080 Ti over 2x Titan X for a Gaming machine, SLI scaling isn't always the best and in some games can cause issues but even 1x 1080 Ti would be powerful enough to run a majority of games at 4K fairly well. Your i7-4790 should be fine since the CPU isn't used near as much as the GPU at 4K. I am also from Australia and get your predicament with the prices but hopefully you get a good price on the Titan X will have to ask around a bit, the 1080 Ti will probably have decreased its market value quite a bit. Good luck and I Hope this helps :)

*Edit* I'd use one GTX 1080 TI for now and see how it does, if you want more power you can always grab another one later at which point it will probably be cheaper.

Solution