Hello every body i am seeking for a graphic card

nizaryos

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
hello every body i am looking for a graphic card for great gaming

i have just assembled my new pc and i am still missing the graphic card

my goal is 275 gtx or hd 5850

which one will offer me the best gaming experience for the next 2 years :D

The HD5850 is much better than the GTX 275. It's also much lower power, DX11 compatible and supports 3 monitors.
I wouldn't bother waiting months just to see pricing/performance on cards that may not even be financially competitive with what is available right now.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Im not saying wait FOR the fermi. wait for WHAT the fermi does to the market. and its only 2 months.

Yeah, and what I'm saying is giving up 2 months of gaming to just see if those cards are competitive enough on a price/performance level to drive down prices isn't worth it imo. Unless you already have a decent current set up that is and this guy says he has a new PC without a card.

So you're basically telling the OP to just let his newly built PC (which lacks a video card) to sit in the corner and collect dust until March rolls around?

Get the HD 5850.

sbcharlie

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
he may be like me, building a new system now and needing a new card for the build now.

I dont want to elave my system sit unfinished till afetr march on off chance prices come down myself.

I dont think they will, not for a awhile.

currently nvidia is more expensive then caparable ati cards, despite sluggish sales and ati domnating high end market.

most business sense would have been for nvidia to have done steep price cuts to leech market share from ati's new thunder.

they didnt, instead seem content to steadily lose market share, and profits.

really think they will offer their new cards cheaper then ati's?

also, there is a hugh bottleneck in production which is keeping card prices up.

also the ati 4xxx series is being discontinued and soon the nvidia 2xx ones.
this also has helped push up prices.

even if nvidia releases new cards in march and thats not known, they keep delaying for what over 6 months already. I wouldnt wait.

real question is buy a 4890 or get a 5850 imho.
nvidia is priced out of market atm.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Hmm that is true. I was thinking more in line of what i have going on. I just built a new PC, bought the new Mobo, ram and CPU. I have an 8600 GTS im using until march cus like i said its only 2 months. I was going to buy a 5770, but why bother when i could save a good amount of money in 2 months AND possibly have card prices drop so overall for my money i get a better money/performance ratio. If he doesnt have a card then by all means.

sbcharlie

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
IMHO prices wont drop.

the first nvidia card in 300 series is a renamed older non dx11 card. thats for low end.
they will prob release a couple high end cards to compete with the 5870 and 5850
and has nvidia ever underpriced high end cards? if more powerful they wont, if same power as ati they might but not by much.

I doubt prices will alter alot till summer if then.

Look at what low production has caused now? prices are actually going up, not down.

I am in same boat, i toyed with getting a cheaper 5770 to hold me till new nvidia cards out, but almost all the reviews slamming them.

that elaves the 4890 which is only $40 less then the 5850 with the dell sale.

I play at 1920x1080 also so wnat a better card.

What are you talking about? That card got almost uniformly glowing reviews even when it's pricing didn't quite make sense.

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008

If you wait until March why don't you wait until June/July for ATI's refresh?
Why don't you wait until you die for prices that are to die for?

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008

I looked at 5770's on Newegg.
HIS - 4 Star
Diamond - 3 Star
Sapphire - 4 Star
XFX - 4 Star
Sapphire Rev 2 Cooler - 4 Star
Sapphire Vapor-X - 4 Star
XFX Rev 2 Cooler - 4 Star
Diamond Custom Cooler - N/A
PowerColor Custom Cooler - 5 Star
HIS Rev 2 - 4 Star
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=5770&x=0&y=0

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

I might die while waiting but at least im not a complete ass on the interwebz :)

you know whats sad? judging by the remark i probably just insulted some 13 year old :(