[SOLVED] Hello everyone, I need some help picking the motherboard for my first PC build.

Oct 22, 2020
I recently started picking up some parts for my build, starting with the CPU. I got a i7 9700k processor, 1 TB of ssd, a nice 650w PSU and some really cheap neo forza ram (kinda sketched about it). I am also going to either be picking up a 1080 FTW or wait for the 3070 (i dont know if this is important to include). I dont really know anything about computers and am picking this all up on the fly so im having trouble finding a nice compatible motherboard in my price range.

Im looking to spend at maximum $180 on a motherboard and the only extra features im really looking for is it having usb c and being overclockable. If anyone could give me some suggestions on my build or point me in the direction of a solid motherboard I would really appriciate it! Thanks guys.

Balefire

Reputable
Oct 18, 2020
Hey man, so what you'll be wanting as a mb with the Lga1151 usually recommend you go with the b365 type

the
Gigabyte B365 Aorus Elite Motherboard
is very good, with a price range of around a 100 - 150 usd it will serve you well (Not to mention it is a bit stylish)

if you want something a bit more budget oriented then go with the
ASUS PRIME H310M-K Intel LGA-1151 mATX
it's cheaper- that's about everything good with it

best of luck (y)

Solution
Oct 22, 2020
Jun 6, 2020
I would recommend that you take a look at the following thread.

I am not an Intel guy, but I do not think the B365 or H310 support overclocking.