Hello Games' Sean Murray Talks 'No Man's Sky' PC Release Date On Reddit AMA Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Havok physics engine on the PS4 is pretty antiquated for a game in 2016. Mine out the base of a monolithic rock structure? The rest simply floats.

Shadows update like the second-hand of a clock, though at a faster tick.

Objects don't simply pop in but have a stippling effect as they appear. I guess it looks ok but definitely doesn't help immersion. It's meant to look less abrupt but its hard to say what effect it will ultimately have after seeing it for 10+ hours.

Flying over the planet's surface? Textures look like an ugly floor tile. Up close? They're a blur with little detail.

The plant life looks amazing. The worlds look truly alien.

Hopefully PC enthusiasts are treated with high resolution textures, anisotropic filtering, superior anti-aliasing techniques, and better physics.

Overall, the design of the game looks amazing. A genuine piece of art. A lot of young kids are going to ace their periodic table studies in school after this as well as be pretty enthusiastic about space travel.

It's a solid title that needs to be supported by the masses, young and old. So far, its reminiscent of what played out in my mind's eye while going about in games like Star Control.

D

Deleted member 1353997

As long as there aren't any game-breaking bugs or performance issues, I wouldn't mind if they released the game now and delivered those "additional features" in a later update.

In any case, I've already waited years for Persona 5 and the new Zelda. I think I'll survive a few days of waiting for No Man's Sky.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Once reaching the center of the galaxy, one can travel to the PlayStation galaxy and back. Nah, just wishful thinking (not as much into communal play, which can be done in better ways, but into an even bigger multiverse within that game).

Status
Not open for further replies.