Question Hello guys, I've 2 computers and would like to have your opinions.

aresjuant

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
Hello everyone and thanks for the read, I will try to explain my situation as best as possible,

I currently have two computers in my power. I'm a web and graphic designer with my own print shop and a casual (wanna-be streamer) League of Legends player.

The setup I bought for working and currently at my office is the following:

Ryzen 5 2400g CPU
Asrock A320 MOTHERBOARD
RX 580 8GB GPU
120GB SSD
1 Tera HDD
600w PSU

What do I use this computer for? Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Web Coding and Development and it's currently with 3 printers connected (Big production printers, not office ones)

At home, I have my old 'gaming pc' (almost 10 years old) with this setup:

AMD Phenom 955 CPU
Ati Radeon 6770 GPU
GA880USB MOTHERBOARD
120GB SSD
1 Tera HDD
500w PSU

I use this computer for doing some at home work too and playing League of Legends, with it I cannot get good FPS on ultra settings.

What's my idea? Swaping both computers and bringin the best one to my house for gaming and leaving the old one for work.

My doubts? I cannot do it if this will mean having a poor experience at work, I do prioritize work and clients over gaming, but hope this old PC is enough for the task at the office.

Please enlight me you opinions and knowledge; when using this 'old' pc at home for design work it seems to do the job just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

4745454b

Titan
I wouldn't straight swap the PCs. Not if work is the priority.

Moving the GPUs may help however. Most programs use the CPU to do the work. So unless you are using OpenCL or something like that to accelerate the render times you can move the GPUs around. This should make the gaming at home better without impacting anything on the work machine. You might need to move the PSUs with the GPUs. 500W/600W doesn't tell us much.

aresjuant

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
One is a Thermaltake of 600w and the other Gygabyte. They are not generic.

I tried that but I think my Phenom 955 is limiting my fps as I didn't see much improvement in league fps