Question Hello guys, just need an opinion

anayet176

Prominent
Apr 16, 2018
Guys i've been wanting a pc both for gaming and work, im a university student and i game like a LOT in my spare time. I play mostly games like apex legends fortnite, csgo, minecraft (ik university student playing mc so sad), and hopefully in the future wanted to do streaming or youtube idk just an ambition and desire i wanted. Below is my pc build the main components and i want your guys opinion if it's enough for what i want to do.

cpu: i7 8700k
gpu: MSI gaming z rtx 2060
16gb ram corsair vengeance 2400mhz
motherboard: gigabyte auros Pro with a standard wifi card
Cpu cooler: noctua nh-u14s with coolermaster paste
power supply: 750w gold txm series
1tb hdd and 128 intel HD m.2 ssd
corsair 460x case with three front rgb fans, and two fans either at the back or the top just so i could get some extra cooling.

With this build, how many years would i expect it to last or changing?, im trying to future proof it as far as possible.

cpu: i7 8700k
gpu: MSI gaming z rtx 2060
16gb ram corsair vengeance 2400mhz
motherboard: gigabyte auros Pro with a standard wifi card
Cpu cooler: noctua nh-u14s with coolermaster paste
power supply: 750w gold txm series
1tb hdd and 128 intel HD m.2 ssd
corsair 460x case with three front rgb fans, and two fans either at the back or the top just so i could get some extra cooling.
It should last awhile tho I agree to go with some faster memory modules and what kind of work do you do? because if it's something very demanding you may want to go with a AMD processor and esp. if you wanna stream you will take less of a hit with a AMD processor

RayOfDark

Reputable
May 16, 2019
You could see anything up to a 30% increase in minimum framerates in some games with DDR4-3200 over DDR4-2400. I went for DDR4-3333 as it was only a few pence more than DDR4-3200 a couple of weeks ago for 2x8GB. This was HyperX Predator memory sourced via Amazon. £89 for 16GB.

Shop around. There are plenty of bargains to be had.

anayet176

Prominent
Apr 16, 2018
It should last awhile tho I agree to go with some faster memory modules and what kind of work do you do? because if it's something very demanding you may want to go with a AMD processor and esp. if you wanna stream you will take less of a hit with a AMD processor
Just some very basic work, probably on excel or stata coding, which does use a lot of cpu power if i'm not mistaken, and my friends and some other people tol dme to get an i7 8700k, and just higher ram to maintain the speed levels and operation of the application. For demanding games, most will probably be assassin creed or witcher 3, i think rtx 2060 and i7 8700ks would surely get above 60 fps, at ultra settings on 1080p.