Question Hello guys! When i play fortnite my fps from 120 capped sometimes goes about 50 for a second and then back. Its so annoying. I have tried everything.

Marios.intrizi

Prominent
Jun 3, 2019
Althou i have a 60 hz monitor gonna upgrade to 144. Is that the problem. I have a ryzen 5 2400g and rx radeon 570 oc 8gb 650w psu and my mb is AB350m hdv r3.0

Jun 3, 2019
On ssd. Is it because i have a 60hz monitor?
The refresh rate on the monitor shouldn't cause the game to stutter or drop frames.

The only other thing I can think of is the CPU hitting 100% usage. If possible, you need to monitor your CPU usage while you play. If you have two monitors you can do it by pulling up the task manager on screen while you play and check that way. If not you'll have to download some software that shows you CPU usage while playing.

If you don't have a way to check CPU usage ingame, this may help https://pcgamehaven.com/easily-monitor-cpu-gpu-usage-gaming/

My bet is the CPU will hit 100% usage and that's what's causing the frame drop

Hope this helps!

Marios.intrizi

Prominent
Jun 3, 2019
The refresh rate on the monitor shouldn't cause the game to stutter or drop frames.

The only other thing I can think of is the CPU hitting 100% usage. If possible, you need to monitor your CPU usage while you play. If you have two monitors you can do it by pulling up the task manager on screen while you play and check that way. If not you'll have to download some software that shows you CPU usage while playing.

If you don't have a way to check CPU usage ingame, this may help https://pcgamehaven.com/easily-monitor-cpu-gpu-usage-gaming/

My bet is the CPU will hit 100% usage and that's what's causing the frame drop

Hope this helps!
Ok i will check it thank you

Jun 3, 2019
Ok i sa

ok i saw it.. my cpu while gaming is about 50-60% but gpu sometimes goes 99% and then drops at 8 for a aecond
You may want to give this a shot.

1. Open AMD Radeon Settings
  2. Go to "Display"
  3. Select the HDMI Monitor, click on "Specs"
  4. Go to "Override"
  5. Disable HDCP Support
A lot of people are saying this is helping with short and random performance drops using RX 570's