Question Hello i need help with this...

Jun 4, 2023
I have a 2B47 mother board, with 180W and a GTX 745, i want to change my graph to a 2060 or similar, maybe lower idk and i have also an i5-6400.
I want to know if changing my 180W to a 650W and i change my graph, i had to change also the mother board? or the power supply will damage my pc?

D

Deleted member 2947362

what type of PC do you have?

Pre Built system like HP
Or
Home/Custom built PC ?

kanewolf

Titan
I have a 2B47 mother board, with 180W and a GTX 745, i want to change my graph to a 2060 or similar, maybe lower idk and i have also an i5-6400.
I want to know if changing my 180W to a 650W and i change my graph, i had to change also the mother board? or the power supply will damage my pc?
That motherboard is an HP prebuild -- https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04790427
It looks like it has standard 24 pin power connectors. You probably could use a standard power supply, but it probably WON'T fit in the case you have.
Here is a thread attempting to do what you want -- https://linustechtips.com/topic/1214817-refurbishing-a-hp-pavillion-550-170na/

That HP old motherboard might not fully support the RTX 2060, so it would be much better that you upgrade and change both the PSU and Motherboard. The RTX 2060 might not run properly on this board, either due to BIOS compatibility issues, and/or CSM/Legacy or UEFI boot mode issue.

It would be much better if you change your MOBO as well. What is model number/brand of this 650W PSU ?

D

Deleted member 2947362

I was going to say if it Pre-Built like HP they are not the best type of PC to upgrade out of what HP say can be used in the pre setup, I cant advise you really with this, apart from I know you can get adaptors for PSU to match the HP wiring.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
D

Deleted member 2947362

That HP old motherboard might not fully support the RTX 2060, so it would be much better that you upgrade and change both the PSU and Motherboard. The RTX 2060 might not run properly on this board, either due to BIOS compatibility issues, and/or CSM/Legacy or UEFI boot mode issue.

It would be much better if you change your MOBO as well. What is model number/brand of this 650W PSU ?
They would also prob's have to buy a new case because they would most likely find it impossible to fit any standard type of motherboard in the case, from my playing around with HP built Computers, they do things their way.

Which is not very upgrade friendly with their lower end systems at the best of times.

They would also prob's have to buy a new case because they would most likely find it impossible to fit any standard type of motherboard in the case, from my playing around with HP built Computers, they do things their way.

Which is not very upgrade friendly with their lower end systems at the best of times.

Yeah, most of the HP pre-built machines are kind of upgrade unfriendly. I'm sure the ATX cabinet might need a change as well, so it's more like a system overhaul for the OP. Not to mention the latest ATX PSU compatibility.