[SOLVED] hello, i updated my cpu and motherboard from an amd fx 6300 to an intel i5 3570k and a gigabyte z77x up4th, i also am running a 1660 super.

Mar 23, 2020
after the update, call of duty modern warfare (My current game) is running even worse, i've downloaded the correct gpu drivers, am i missing anything?

EDIT: Game is running bad, lower fps than before with the 6300. game is also crashing, updated drivers, tried cpu priority, tried uninstalling, reinstalling shaders.

Last edited:
Solution
It's possible if the CPU downclocks from 3.4Ghz to say 800Mhz it won't be able to process draw calls fast enough and send them to the GPU but I'm not sure I've never let my CPU run that hot lol

I'm thinking that perhaps you didn't install the stock cooler quite right or something
Mar 23, 2020
If it is 85C on the desktop then it must be thermally throttling during gameplay. I think you should repaste and reseat the CPU heatsink
okay, i will do that. But also during gameplay my GPU usage is only 1.5% on any given game and 80%cpu usage, would this be a consequence of thermal throttling?

I'm not sure possibly. What are your maximum temperatures whilst gaming? It's only a 65W CPU so shouldn't be too hard to cool. I have the same CPU but with a large heatsink with a very low RPM fan, idle temps around 25 to 30 and gaming about 60ish I think

Mar 23, 2020
I'm not sure possibly. What are your maximum temperatures whilst gaming? It's only a 65W CPU so shouldn't be too hard to cool. I have the same CPU but with a large heatsink with a very low RPM fan, idle temps around 25 to 30 and gaming about 60ish I think
highest it reached was in the 104c, i have a cooler ordered on the way but just curious about the gpu usage, it's making games impossible and my switch redundant.

It's possible if the CPU downclocks from 3.4Ghz to say 800Mhz it won't be able to process draw calls fast enough and send them to the GPU but I'm not sure I've never let my CPU run that hot lol

I'm thinking that perhaps you didn't install the stock cooler quite right or something

Reactions: ealvarez491
Solution