Hello, I'm new to unlocking, with my old phenom x2 545 and Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

Charlieh65

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2014
I know it's a really old cpu, but it's still good. Would trying to unlock more than two cores on this thing be worth it? Also, could I even do it with this setup?

What's the pros and cons, and if you want to, can you show me how to unlock it? I know my way around the computer, but I never done this before.

Thank you.

I dont know if that is possible using your setup, however ther really is no cons to unlocking those cores. Most likely they will unlock and give you more performance. I would look in your bios to see if there is an option. I have seen some asus motherboard with 4 switches to unlock cores, where others have settings in the bios.

racksmith101

Respectable
There is usually a setting n the bios to unlock the cores, not all CPUs will unlock and not all that unlock are stable. You might also find that if it does unlock it won't be stable at anything other than stock settings. Edit: after a quick read your mobo does have a core unlock in the bios.