Question Hello is it possible to use e5450 on g41m01s1? Its an lga 775 motherboard and there doesnt seem to be much info about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
What other markings are on that motherboard? Take good pictures, front and back.

You will not lose anythink if you just try (provided that the motherboard works with whatever CPU is already there).

These boards were "modern" like fifteen years ago. Most resources are down. One website suggests this is Samsung motherboard, although I don't think Samsung ever made desktop boards.

Aug 15, 2022
What other markings are on that motherboard? Take good pictures, front and back.

You will not lose anythink if you just try (provided that the motherboard works with whatever CPU is already there).

These boards were "modern" like fifteen years ago. Most resources are down. One website suggests this is Samsung motherboard, although I don't think Samsung ever made desktop boards.
Sorry i dont know how to post pictures but there isnt much any markings except the G41M01S1

DSzymborski

Titan
What CPU do you currently have in it? If it's a close relative, I expect it to work, if not, more likely than not it won't. Prebuilt motherboards of the era -- it certainly at least looks like one -- had a particularly poor compatibility list. At least the CPU came out a bit before the chipset, so there's at least a fighting chance at compatibility.

You can buy that CPU for $10 to $15 or so, so it's not much of a gamble.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Ive also bought the cpu already so its kind of a pain if it doesnt work

it's a hit or miss with these lga 775 boards. It could work fine, which is of course, the desired outcome. Or that cpu could boot, desktop could work normally for a few days, then you get random restarts / black screens later on. Or worst case scenario, it might not boot at all.

So let's hope it works fine. Goodluck.

Seeing as that CPU is LGA 771 and your motherboard is LGA 775 it's absolutely NOT a simple drop in. This is why you always research before you buy anything.

Here's only one example of the work involved in making it work (if it will even be recognized by the BIOS):

Aug 15, 2022
it's a hit or miss with these lga 775 boards. It could work fine, which is of course, the desired outcome. Or that cpu could boot, desktop could work normally for a few days, then you get random restarts / black screens later on. Or worst case scenario, it might not boot at all.

So let's hope it works fine. Goodluck.
Thanks and it worked perfectly fine altho i think i shouldve just bought a newer mobo since the mobo im using was made back when 4gb was the max memory capacity it runs genshin fine enuf for me so im gud only problem is like my draw distance is so low ig coz of low memory

Aug 15, 2022
Seeing as that CPU is LGA 771 and your motherboard is LGA 775 it's absolutely NOT a simple drop in. This is why you always research before you buy anything.

Here's only one example of the work involved in making it work (if it will even be recognized by the BIOS):
i bought my e5450 modded alr and it actually worked immediately (well atleast after i got my gpu) i was quite scared that i pushed too hard coz it didnt fit in the socket immediately coz im p sure its like a drop in immediately no need pressure to get in the socket so yeh still worked eh

Aug 15, 2022
welp thanks for the help and links i rly like tinkering with random parts (altho this is my first pc) thank you for all the replies and stuff it works fine now

For those who wants the pc specification here it is:
Xeon E5450
4gb ram 1333mhz
GTX 750 ti
512gb hdd
600w psu

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
The minimum requirement for Genshin is a GT 1030, and your 750ti is slightly faster than a 1030.. so I think you can use medium graphics settings in Genshin without much lag. Anyway, have fun gaming. You can send me pm here if you want to talk about Genshin. Btw, I play in the American server. :)

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022
The minimum requirement for Genshin is a GT 1030, and your 750ti is slightly faster than a 1030.. so I think you can use medium graphics settings in Genshin without much lag. Anyway, have fun gaming. You can send me pm here if you want to talk about Genshin. Btw, I play in the American server. :)
Yep i can also play high but i play on medium coz barely notice any diff... im on asia t-t

Status
Not open for further replies.