Hello is the ASRock H110M-DGS motherboard compatible with my Coolermaster G650M Power supply?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Joshua_1226

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,
This is the first ever computer I have ever built and everything was going well until the end. I tried to turn on the computer but it did not turn on, I asked around and many people are saying it is because my motherboard is not compatible with my power supply. Can anyone please help this is frustrating :/

Thank you!
Josh

Solution
If your not comfortable doing this, don't, but if your power button doesn't work you can remove itsome plug from the motherboard, amd short the 2 pins it occupied with a flat tip screwdriver. I've done it many times and it's not uncommon for a switch to be faulty.

Joshua_1226

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

Sigh its all good man. Thank you very much for trying though! I really really appreciate it. :)

RedDubzSmash

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
Okokokokok. Wait a minute. It just dawned on me... your cpu power connector is backwards! The 4 + 4 is on the power supply and the solid 8 is on the motherboard!! Try this. I think that's what it is!!

Joshua_1226

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

There is no actual connection to the power supply itself, just a mess of wire going into the powersupply so I can't actually get see the pins inside the powersupply. The solid 8 is already on the motherboard though

RedDubzSmash

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
I'm crying. Ok. I'm overlooking something. I want to let you know, I have OCD, and I tried walking away from this question. I cant. Ok. So of the 2 connectors coming out of the power supply, not the ones you have to plug into it, the 8 pin one you plugged into the motherboard. Correct?

Joshua_1226

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

yes sir that is correct

RedDubzSmash

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
You located the right pins for the io connections, correct? Because there are 3 different types of sets of pins. Audio, usb 2.0 and io. The io should have the top farthest right pin missing, with a total of 9 pins, are they wired according to the motherboards manual?

Joshua_1226

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

Yep

RedDubzSmash

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
If your not comfortable doing this, don't, but if your power button doesn't work you can remove itsome plug from the motherboard, amd short the 2 pins it occupied with a flat tip screwdriver. I've done it many times and it's not uncommon for a switch to be faulty.

Solution