Question Hello newbie to pc gaming

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The base model is an i5-9600k 120mm all-in-one water cooler, a Z370 motherboard, RX580 8GB, and 1 8GB of DDR4-2400 memory and a 1TB 7200rpm hard drive, 600W power supply. For 750 pounds (900 VAT)

Yes, it can play Apex and Fortnite, fairly well. Not a bad price for what it is either.

However, not having a solid state boot drive isn't something you will want. So at a minimum, add a SSD to the system, at least 240GB.

They also only installed one stick of memory, you want two to enable dual channel memory (more effective bandwidth). So either a 2x4GB memory kit, or 2x8GB. And with an overclockable system, no reason that memory can't be DDR4-3000Mhz instead of 2400Mhz. A small difference in gaming performance, but it is a minor cost all things considered.

You could certainly do better building it yourself. You wouldn't 'save' any money, but you would be able to pick out some better components.

Reactions: PC Tailor

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I should add that if you have no interest in overclocking you don't need a Z370 motherboard or i5-9600k. The non-K i5-9400F (80 pounds less) they have available is one without integrated graphics, but is more or less the same processor. The B360 motherboard choice only saves you 20 pounds, so less worth it, but that could go towards the 16GB of memory and SSD.