Question Hello This is my first watercooling build. I cant for the life of me figure out why my temps are crazy. Rtx 3080 pny and waterblock loop

Nov 15, 2020
Rtx 3080 pny idles around 36 as soon as it takes load it jumps to 75. My cpu on the loop is a ryzen 3700x idles around 55. it usually stays where its at and doesnt move. Iv reseated my gpu 6 times now using different screws/ changing thermal pads positions. Im using a lian li distro plate g1 with petg tubing. Someone please help

Nov 15, 2020
From my understanding the g1 distro plate can run in a bunch of different configs. I unplugged the 4 pin making it run at 100 percent it still climbs high. as for reaseating i have a feeling thats the issue. Iv reseated it 6 times. each time draining my loop it sucks. Iv changed the screw sizes/ took the x plate on and off. Temps are slowly getting better than they were when i first started. I also tried wiping some thermal paste off thinkin i applied to much and that rose the temps so i just added a bit more which helped. it doesnt look like the gpu die is smashing together when i pull it apart.

Nov 15, 2020
pics of the board itself. attempting another reseat right now. im going to try and change the scews around the x bracket with the ek screws. i originally installed the card without the x bracket and that wasnt working. I installed it back and it helped with idle temps. Just not clocked.

Nov 15, 2020
and that didnt work....... hitting 67c max still doesnt seem right. i have good flow in the loop no air pockets. nothings clogged. ambient is 72f

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I'm willing to bet its how you plumbed your distro block, but would need to see it without the lighting and more head-on to see if you have a flow conflict.

This seems to be an issue around plumbing and flow direction more than anything else.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS