Hello Tom's Experts

Cristv77

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
Here is a quick question

if I have several Storage Drives on my computer (2 SSD; 3 HDD) and I have two family user accounts on Windows 10 Home, how can I make the secondary family user account unable to see one of the drives I have available?

The objective is dedicate 1 HDD to that second login user account and disable any possibility for that user account to read or write on primary dedicated user account.

Does that make sense?

Solution
So you are trying to not have them see the other drive at all or just prevent the two accounts from messing with the files of the other? If just to keep the accounts separate, it's easy, make the accounts normal users. Only an administrator account can get to the files of all the users, a normal user is limited to their own space. If you have files just stuck on the other drives outside of the user My Documents, Desktop, etc.. locations, then the other user may be able to see those files, depends on the file/directory rights that are setup.
So you are trying to not have them see the other drive at all or just prevent the two accounts from messing with the files of the other? If just to keep the accounts separate, it's easy, make the accounts normal users. Only an administrator account can get to the files of all the users, a normal user is limited to their own space. If you have files just stuck on the other drives outside of the user My Documents, Desktop, etc.. locations, then the other user may be able to see those files, depends on the file/directory rights that are setup.

Solution