Hello! Wierd slow pc after upgrade. Advices?

Dec 14, 2018
So lets begin umm, i replaced my computer’s CPU+Mobo+Rams and now the pc seems to be way slower that it used to be. Mobo: asus x470-prime pro / cpu: ryzen 7 2700x and the rams were hyperx 8gbs ddr 4 as usual. Now i have installed fresh windows, updaded every driver, also ran memory diagnostic tool, checked the cpu and everything passed the tests, also i upgraded the bios. Its wierd i know there is a problem but i have no clue how to spot it, any advice?

Also very disturbing thing is my computer is Booting from HDD , which is actually empty since my SSD has the windows and other files atm, but if i try boot from ssd it says that the disk doesnt contain operating systems o.o

jarodatkinson

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
That is weird. I would unplug the hdd and reboot to rule that out.
If you attempt to boot from the ssd alone, and it gives no o.s. .... could it be that your controller is set to raid when it should be ahci?
If your booting into safe mode for some reason, which would also slow down your pc, the details why should be in your bios info if memory serves......

Dragos Manea

Admirable
You had hdd as first priority boot and nto the ssd, the boot partition is on hdd and the windows loads from the ssd, to avoid this in the future put ssd for first priority or disconect all drives and leave only the one on which you want to install the windows.

Dec 14, 2018
Umm so i unplugged the hdd what doesnt have anything on it and now it wont open my windows anymore it says that no os found.

Dec 14, 2018
The wierd thing is that when i put HDD in whitout ssd it founds windows which are located in ssd while HDD is fully cleared out :eek:

jarodatkinson

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
You have windows installed on your hard drive. Unplug the hdd and only plug in the ssd... then install windows from usb again.... as Dragos said..... That will fix it.

Dragos Manea

Admirable
The boot partition is on HDD, the windows itself is on ssd but the booting "coordinates" are on hdd. When you install windows deconect everything and leave conected only the drive on which you wish to install windows then install windows.

ASK THE COMMUNITY