I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this:

There is a post maybe once every couple days. It's always a newcomer's first post and they always start with "Hello, \n"
\n means next line. Followed by either nothing or a question. I can understand a lot of people saying hello at the beginning of their post, but this is a very specific format.

I'm just curious if anyone finds this strange or knows why this is? Is "Hello, \n" taught as a proper beginning to a post or something somewhere? Perhaps this is taught somewhere where English is not a first language?

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

I have seen the issue, but haven't seen any users report that happening to them. I always delete those posts when I see them. I think it might be spambots...

Justin

randomizer

Champion
Unlikely. There are a ton of one-time posters which ask questions (which are not really questions) and never get back to you. Most times that I see a "how to open nokia phone"- type post - titled something irrelevant to the question - I just delete it. The fact that they are always "how to" posts that aren't actual questions gives me the impression that they are not legitimate anyway.