Aug 20, 2022
Hello, I purchased a prebuilt pc during the gpu shortage. I have a “CyberPower 8600bst”

I’ve replaced the mother board with an asus rog b-550f , and I got 32gb of Corsair 3600mz ddr4 ram (2x16) , I currently have a gigabyte 3070 gaming oc and a ryzen 3700x in the buuld

im wanting to switch over to a Lian li 011 evo or a Corsair 5000d and build up the PC a bit.
The plan would be upgrade all the part so that the gpu is the only thing that would be “bottle necking” the setup so when I get a chance I could pick up a 3090ti and just swap them.
Question is is the motherboard good enough?
What PSU is recommended? 850w?
I’ve seen a lot of evga psu on sale , are those not good?

would upgrading from a ryzen 3700x to a 5800x3d be worth it?

I want to future proof myself as much as I can.
thank you for any help!

3700x to 5800x3d would be worth it, if the 5800x3d priced decent. for psu i would recommend get a Corsair RM850/RM850X, it should be enough, but wait for other replies regarding the psus.

If you're clean installing windows, dont forget to update the bios of your motherboard to the latest, and install amd chipset driver to the latest after installing windows (if you could, do not connect internet till finished installing the drivers. usually i always install amd chipset driver first then gpu drivers, reboot, and connect to internet).

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022
3700x to 5800x3d would be worth it, if the 5800x3d priced decent. for psu i would recommend get a Corsair RM850/RM850X, it should be enough, but wait for other replies regarding the psus.

If you're clean installing windows, dont forget to update the bios of your motherboard to the latest, and install amd chipset driver to the latest after installing windows (if you could, do not connect internet till finished installing the drivers. usually i always install amd chipset driver first then gpu drivers, reboot, and connect to internet).

Yeah, my plant is to try to catch the 5800x3d on sale , especially one the new series release. Same with the gpu. If I sold my build as is now, what’s a fair asking price?