Help!! 1070 struggles at 1366x768

Dec 13, 2018
Hello, noob here, just want to ask why my pc struggles to lock at 60fps on 1366x768.
Https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2913-when-does-the-intel-pentium-g4560-bottleneck-gpu according to this website, i should easily be able to reach 60fps+ on almost max settings on most games at 1080p. I know its dumb but i am going to upgrade in a month or two. Is it because of the insufficient ram? I play games like gta v, rottr/sottr, witcher 3, watchdogs 2, far cry 5, and the like.

My specs are:
Pentium G4560
Galax gtx 1070 Exoc
4gb ballistix ram
1tb seagate
120gb ssd boot drive
Acer v196hql
Seasonic 620w

Solution
4gb of ram will be a single stick and run in slower single channel mode.
The gamernexus test had plenty of dual channel ram.
Speed of 3200 was also probably higher too. But Intel is not really that sensitive to ram speeds.
I would buy a 2 x 4gb kit to upgrade similar to the ram already installed.
If the motherboard has 4 slots the OP can try the old 4gb and see if it works.
If successful, he gets 12gb.

Yes, a $100 processor and a $350 graphics card are a bit of a mismatch.

Not only is RAM an issue but your weak cpu. Many games recommend a minimum of a quad core cpu and the actual recommend is higher. You have a dual core cpu with hyperthreading. This is very unbalanced, you have a strong gpu paired with a very weak cpu by modern standards.

All the games you list are fairly cpu dependent. As above, 8gb is the minimum RAM, ideally you want 16gb paired with a 1070.

ARAN_108

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016

Yeah, it's true. But OP has expected that and he added the GamerNexus link where Steve tests the G4560 with GTX1070.

I’ve skimmed through that article and couldn’t see reference to the scenarios used in each game. If the OP is trying to play these games in multiplayer mode his performance will be much worse than single player which most benchmarks are done under.

I agree RAM is a big issue but even rectifying that performance is going to be severely hampered by that cpu.

4gb of ram will be a single stick and run in slower single channel mode.
The gamernexus test had plenty of dual channel ram.
Speed of 3200 was also probably higher too. But Intel is not really that sensitive to ram speeds.
I would buy a 2 x 4gb kit to upgrade similar to the ram already installed.
If the motherboard has 4 slots the OP can try the old 4gb and see if it works.
If successful, he gets 12gb.

Yes, a $100 processor and a $350 graphics card are a bit of a mismatch.

Solution

Your motherboard now has options for a much stronger processor.
If you go ryzen, you are looking at a new motherboard to match.
Ryzen is picky about ram.
You might check to see that the ram you are ordering now will be on the support list for the new ryzen motherboard.