May 21, 2013
Hi..

My computer is:

Intel 4770 non k non-oc with high-end noctua cooler
16gb cl9 ram
toshiba ocz SSD 240gb
win 10 Pro, not a lot of things except games on this machine
PSU is Seasonic SS 850am active pfc f3

In GPU-Z it shows the issue. Says Performance Cap (PerfCap) is Vrel, and the voltae does not go past 1.05 no matter what settings i push it in the oc app (afterburner and auros engine)
I tried anything I could come up with.
Afterburner OC.
Auros Engine OC.
Switching to older driver
switching to newer driver
each time with clean safe mode ddu
Tried DRS with scaling at 2.0 (if its 1080p related that would have 'fixed' it)
Tried Nvidia Gaming Experience Optimizing
Tried any possible settings in the global and then program tab in the Nvidia control panel
Changed system power management to off for PciE

in Doom it wont go past 80fps and 30% gpu
In tom clancy wildlands it barely reaches 40fps and 55% gpu
my CPU or RAM are not the problem
tomorrow my 1440p 144hz screen is due to arrive if it cant handle 1080p60 what am i gonna do with that? thanks

WebowJo

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Cpu usage is about 40 across the cores..im sure it's gpu related.. if worse come I'll try reinstall Windows as this install was first with amd card, 390x.. But I cleaned the drivers for amd too

Last edited:

WebowJo

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
I solved the case
for follow up readers, Vrel means it cant "boost" any further, PWR means it reached its peak Power and can no longer 'boost' itself, it does not mean you wont be able to OC further but probably going to have to circumvent core voltage limit. I just came across a lot of misinformation so I dig about it myself too.

my problem was solved with the Guru3d core voltage enable in MSI [you need to switch some setting first in a file in C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Profiles, and change setting in file called VEN_10DE& , just googled these details for further information],

core can now reach 1.080 and gpu jumped to a happy 90%, im fine with that. OH I nearly forgot I pushed the power up in the afterburner and i couldnt resist oc'ing after so much trouble! i felt Ive earned those mhz after one full day of tough brain scratching.

hope it helps. at least this post would have some use then...

Status
Not open for further replies.