Question [Help] 2 BSOD preventing me to use my PC.

Mar 21, 2023
I'm gonna explain everything so that the issue is clear. I have a BSOD (blue screen of death) problem.
So here's the thing, i bought a brand new pc end of january 2023, that i built myself. Everything was working fine I was having fun with it playing big games (The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077) until i discovered a new game (Sons of the Forest). I bought it but it ended crashing randomly once into the game (more like freeze, forcing me to reboot pc). I was playing it with my friends and they had no issue, only me (also i noticed that this game was cpu heavy making my cpu reach more than 80c sometimes, even though on other games it wouldnt heat like that).

I stopped playing it and went playing other games. The thing is i played one of them yersterday, everything was fine and then it crashed like a freeze just like Sons of the Forest and i got the first BSOD. Then i started the pc again and got another one when i got on the login menu of Windows 11, then again and again. Sometimes i'd say every 4th attempt it would allow me to login and use the pc normally for a minute then freeze and bsod. Two error code seem to appear "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" or "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" when i get the BSOD.
I also gotta mention that the day before the first BSOD I clicked into a suspicious link coming from a guy on discord by mistake, i got a warning from antivirus then i left it right away, but im considering the possibility that i got a virus. Other than that i didnt dowload any shady stuff or anything recently.
I can't go on safe mode because i get a BSOD when the windows troubleshoot appear (although every 4th boot attempt i can try something for a minute just like login page). I can get into the bios just fine though. I tried to resintall windows with a usb drive media but i just get BSOD again on the installation menu.
I tested with another GPU, tested each stick of ram, I did a repaste of my CPU, made a antivirus analysis when i was able to log in.

I somehow managed to get on windows once and I tried to completely reinitialise my pc to make it brand new but had BSOD again during the process. I tried another time today and actually managed to use it just fine, i was able to launch a resource-intensive game and play it with no pb at all, then i alt tab just to check system temperatures and BSOD again.
I've done some research and this is what i learned : apparently it cannot be software related because i can't even go safe mode or reinitialise it, so it's probably hardware and more specifically CPU even though motherboard and PSU can cause it also. Unfortunately, I dont have a spare PSU or motherboard or CPU to test it.
I'm really hoping it's just a parameter problem or something like that. I don't mind losing all my data if it can save my pc.
So i'm asking here for help to see if you guys could help me fix the problem before i'm forced to blindly buy new components.

Config :
CPU: i7 13700k.
CPU cooler: Dark Rock Pro 4.
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 suprim.
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus elite AX.
Ram: Kingston FB DDR5 2x16Gb cl36 5200.

i noticed that this game was cpu heavy making my cpu reach more than 80c sometimes
while 80°C isn't necessarily dangerous to a CPU it is considered very high when using a nicer cooler like the Dark Rock Pro 4.

either you don't have a strong enough fan curve in place

or your case is currently not allowing enough cool air intake and warm air exhaust for the Dark Rock Pro 4 to make use of.
Config...
include your power supply make & model.

Mar 21, 2023
while 80°C isn't necessarily dangerous to a CPU it is considered very high when using a nicer cooler like the Dark Rock Pro 4.

either you don't have a strong enough fan curve in place

or your case is currently not allowing enough cool air intake and warm air exhaust for the Dark Rock Pro 4 to make use of.

include your power supply make & model.

Yes and as i said it only happened with this game in particular.
My PSU is a Corsair RM1000x, i bought it used though but in very good condition and it seemed to work fine for the moment.

My PSU is a Corsair RM1000x, i bought it used though but in very good condition and it seemed to work fine for the moment.
their RMx series is usually a nice option but i would never recommend buying any power supply used.
there's always a good chance that they were selling just because of similar issue faced with it.
as i said it only happened with this game in particular
a game itself isn't going to force errors with your hardware like those you've experienced.
though a badly designed/optimized game can bring out already existing system problems that better developed games will not.

Mar 21, 2023
their RMx series is usually a nice option but i would never recommend buying any power supply used.
there's always a good chance that they were selling just because of similar issue faced with it.

a game itself isn't going to force errors with your hardware like those you've experienced.
though a badly designed/optimized game can bring out already existing system problems that better developed games will not.
Yea i know but i was kinda low on psu budget
Yes i think so too, this game came out beginning of march and i'm guessing it's not very well optimized but it does work fine on my friends pc so idk