HELP: 2 LCDs show different colors!

nnyljh

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2004
Hi All,

First let me apologize for the long-winded post, I just want to give complete detail....

I have two NEC/Mitsubishi 1980sx LCD panels.
One I bought about a year ago and one I just got two weeks ago. The problem is that with _all_ settings exactly the same, they display different colors (or should I say color temperture?).

Basically the one year old monitor shows a warmer color while the new monitor has a bluer cast.
I've tried all the pre-set color temperture settings, ie, 5500K->9300K, and the 2 panels are just different.

I am driving these two monitors with a Matrox 750 dual DVI card so the signals are exactly the same. I've tried switching the two DVI connectors and the new monitor is still bluer.

One thing I can think of is that the one-year old monitor may not be as bright as the new panel since the pixels have been "burned" longer. But the problem with this theory is that 1) even thought it's one year old but I really don't use it that much, and 2) the difference between the panels is _not_ in brightness, but rather in color balance.

I've contact NEC customer support but the rep was not much help at all and he even got down right rude near the end so I am hoping some of the more knowledgeable people here can shed some light to this situation.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

RichPLS

Champion
Do the dis-coloration appear the same when you switch DVI inputs on the same display?

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

nnyljh

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2004
Hi,

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, are you asking whether I have tried switching the DVI inputs between the 2 displays? Yes I have done that. The content of the screens switched, but the "new" display is still bluer than the "old" one.

John

>> Do the dis-coloration appear the same when you switch DVI inputs on the same display?

lb19984

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
Thats really interesting I myself Also own a nec 1980sx monitor
There are 2 things i can think of
Either the monitors are different manufacturing wise
or One could be faullty???
Sorry I dunno
You can say the monitor works bad and rma the old one instead of the new one
let them sent you another new one
They should then be both "blue er"
Just makesure you switch the tags