[SOLVED] Help! 70% CPU usage and only 50% GPU in Fortnite.

May 16, 2020
So I just upgraded my gpu yesterday from the 1050ti to the 1660 super and my gpu usage in fortnite is only 45%-50% while my cpu usage is at 70% to 80%, Idk why this happens and I want to know how to fix this problem.

My specs:
CPU: I7 7700 (non k)
GPU: MSI 1660 Super Gaming X
Mobo: Biostar B250
RAM: Tforce Delta RGB (8x1)
PSU: Corsair TX-550M
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx GT
Case: Phanteks P300A Mesh
Temps while gaming: GPU 50-60c and Cpu 60-65c

Solution
So buying another 8gb stick should solve the problem?

No. Buying a 2x8GB Kit and removing the 8GB you're using would be the best solution. Mixing RAM is not recommended.

This is not for the CPU/GPU usage that I said that but just for the FPS you're losing because of the 1 stick in single channel.

I recommend you use DDU and reinstall the latest GPU drivers.
May 16, 2020
Watch the difference between running Fortnite with 1 stick of 8GB in single channel compared to 2x4GB in dual channel.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKagC1qCNeE

Now look at how many fps difference when you use 1x8GB in single channel vs 2x8GB in dual channel.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3NqYXgNtFc
I would start there.
The stronger gpu demands more work from the cpu, but now the lack of memory bandwidth is proving to be a problem when it wasn't before with the weaker gpu.

No. Buying a 2x8GB Kit and removing the 8GB you're using would be the best solution. Mixing RAM is not recommended.

This is not for the CPU/GPU usage that I said that but just for the FPS you're losing because of the 1 stick in single channel.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution
May 16, 2020

Alright thanks for the help.