[SOLVED] Help a veteran with z690 decision, wants Aorus

creizlein

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
So, time has come to update my old system, built like 5 years ago, and I always loved/used Gigabyte motherboards, so I went with the Aorus z690 option, although there are some many models i still cant figure which one.
What I had clear is that I wanted to go with DDR4, just because 5 is so much expensive and I wont need it, the idea is to pair this mobo with a 13th i5 13xxxx and 64gb of Ram.

So far so good, the problem now seems to be AUDIO, all those boards comes with 2 line out, and I LOVE and cant afford to loose my Creative 7.1 speakers, the only model that has 7.1 output seems to be the EliteMaster in DDR5 fashion.

So whats everyone take on this? how the *** i am suposed to keep using my 7.1 speakers with a 2 line out jacks? any alternatives other than go stereo? Shall I go ahead and pay extra 100usd for DDR5 model just for this?

Thanks guys, and for the millennials, have patience, I haven't rebuild the desktop in 5 years, go figure how rusted I am !

creizlein

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Oh wow, thanks for the information, I havent even looked at other chipsets because google told me the z690 / 790 was the go to option
I'll research on the B660 / 760 alternatives and try to come up with a decision !

creizlein

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
@Why_Me Thank you again for introducing me that B660 option, I have been reading in and out the differences to the z690 and honestly I don't need anything from it, this is just going to use 2x M2 disks, couple of SATA for storage and a mediocre old GTX 1070 that I don't want to upgrade yet. I mostly use the system for developing and engineering, not a gamer.

I will see if black Friday makes a good deal on it otherwise i might wait for 760 but again I don't think I need it, plus, I still thinking to stick to 128Gb DDR4 memory , this is what i use the most.

Regards and appreciate your help!