Help!Abit SA6 or Abit VH6-II??

G

Greetings to all in the community!
I m getting a P3 1GHz system. But I m unsure of which board to take, either the Abit SA6 (w/o RAID) or the VH6-II board. Since the current board I have, Abit VT6X4 has an AC97' onboard audio codec that S*CKS azz, I was thinking that the onboard 2-channel audio on theSA6 board would just fair as badly. So why not just go for the cheaper VH6-II and add a Creative Vibra 128 4 Channel sound card. But this configuration would cost roughly 20 bucks more. On top of that, I wouldnt know whether the i815E chipset would give a big leap over the VIA133A chipset! HELP PLS! What you guys think?

One more thing, Gigabyte GeForce 2 MX or Eagle GeForce 2 MX400?

Thanks in advance!

G

Stick_e_mouse: Lets say i m stuck with only that two option,sa6 or vh6-II, which one to take?

How about the graphic card I mentioned? Thanks again.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Easy Answer-The SA6 is your only choice, given only these two choices. The reason it cost more is not so much the onboard sound, but the more expensive and vastly superior Intel chipset. Intel is unsurpassed in compatability and stability in their chipset, meanwhile, VIA is garbage.
I would suggest you get the SA6 and add a cheap soundcard, ignoring the nearly free AC97 codec.

Video killed my Radio Card!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
I agree with Crashman if your only stuck with those two options.

If the Egale GF2 MX400 is cheaper with 64mb and TV-OUT, get that one.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Definitely SA6. As a side note, forget the CUSL2 suggestion (from the mouse dude) if you want or need any (and I do mean any) support from the manufacturer.

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

If you loan a friend $20 & never see them again, it was worth it.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Don't listen to that Jermey guy. If you <i>DO</i> decide to get the CUSL2-C, you wouldn't <i>HAVE</i> to get service/support from their company. The board is as perfect an i815 board can get. It'll beat the hell out of any Abit board for sure. On a performance and features comparison, the CUSL2-C will beat SA6 and any other Abit board. Who needs tech support when you don't have any problems????

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>