[SOLVED] Help about dvi adapter or cable

My name_1

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
So recently i bought a 1050ti 4gb for my setup and i can't connect it to my monitor. My monitor is a samsung syncmaster bx2335 and from what I've read it is dvi-i, but my graphics card is dvi-d. What can i use to connect them? The old cable is dvi-i to vga and i dont think theres much i can do with it.
I really dont want to buy a new monitor so please give me some advice.
Thanks.

Solution
problem is the 1050ti only outputs a digital signal while the monitor uses an analog one.

you need an "active" adapter to change the hdmi/dp output from the 1050ti to an analog dvi signal. pretty cheap and easy to find so no worries there. look for one that has the right connection for the monitor and the right one from the gpu and be sure it specifies "active" in the description. usually one that plugs in for extra power works a lot better than one that does not.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
problem is the 1050ti only outputs a digital signal while the monitor uses an analog one.

you need an "active" adapter to change the hdmi/dp output from the 1050ti to an analog dvi signal. pretty cheap and easy to find so no worries there. look for one that has the right connection for the monitor and the right one from the gpu and be sure it specifies "active" in the description. usually one that plugs in for extra power works a lot better than one that does not.

Solution
So recently i bought a 1050ti 4gb for my setup and i can't connect it to my monitor. My monitor is a samsung syncmaster bx2335 and from what I've read it is dvi-i, but my graphics card is dvi-d. What can i use to connect them? The old cable is dvi-i to vga and i dont think theres much i can do with it.
I really dont want to buy a new monitor so please give me some advice.
Thanks.
Just use any standard DVI cable

May 17, 2019
I would just add to Glenwing's answer, I have used a DVI-D cable for DVI-I ports as the DVI-D is compatible but not the reverse without an adapter connector. The only advantage of DVI-I is that it handles both VGA and Digital but you only need digital.
You should not have to guess about your monitor. Just look at the DVI-I and DVI-D ports online. The DVI-I has extra pins. In any case get a DVI-D x DVI-D cable and it should work.

TRENDING THREADS