Help about gtx 1060

t3ranova

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
hello,

I am about to buy a gtx 1060 graphics card at 3gb ram.

My real question is which brand to buy. Gigabyte seems to be the cheapest one but i read that they have fan problems and some coil whine.
I would like your opinion on the asus Dual oc , the Palit with the dual fan and of course the gigabyte one.
I dont want to hear about which is faster or quieter. I just want to get the one with the least predisposition of breaking down

thank you

Solution

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Gigabyte seems to have a recurring theme of coil whine in nearly all reviews that I've seen about it. EVGA has never let me down on their cards and seems to be the most consistent on the quality of their cards. They tend to be more expensive though.

every variant performs the same (more or less 5%) so u're right, performance doesn't really matter between variants
but, here's some good value worth mentioning:
MSI Gaming X + Asus Strix = known as the quietest and coolest one (other than that, not much is known, the most known one are these 2 variant, offering all the best both brands had)
Zotac = aggresive factory-OCed
Gigabyte = supposedly same as the msi and asus but i've heard bout some people having coil whine problem
EVGA = great customer support

if u want the one with most assurance, i think EVGA is the best bet, since they offer u a complete replacement and really do care about the customer :)

t3ranova

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

damn man, sorry to hear that

t3ranova

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

i can look up the same things as u say sir. My main problem is that the evga one is ugly and very small , that i fear for heating problems

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017

Doesn't have to be. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487284

If you don't like the gunmetal look of EVGA cards, Asus cards get the job done as well. I just prefer EVGA since their GPU shrouds are usually quite clean and customer support is very good. Temps with ACX 3.0 are also quite good.

t3ranova

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

well evga is small, ugly and might cause heat issues?
i am still thinking about the asus one but i can find some same problems the gigabyte has..
thnx for the answer though

t3ranova

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

I know this exists but in my country i cant find this specific card at a decent price, only 1-2 stores have this card and its overpriced :/

nah, for the heat, i would disagree, even my 1050ti single fan hovers around 50-60 celcius on full gaming mode (it's a different brand yes, but i can assure u, 1 fan is good) so unless ur case had bad airflow, it won't be a problem
for the small, it's a positive thing, since that means it's compact
for ugly, ur case had a window on it / do u play with open panel? if not, then it doesn't matter... if yes, i still don't think appearance matters unless u're on the high end tier where they had all the money to build the best and prettiest rig :)

this is all personal opinion though :)

Solution

t3ranova

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

well i will buy a nzxt 430 so i'd like a pretty one but eh, i am going to agree with you. Its not all about the looks. thank you for the help