Help about HyperTransport

Klenb24

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Hello,

I need some help with understanding what HT really is. I mean, I was reading about HyperTransport on internet, but I've need some help particularly for my MB.

I know it's an old one, but I want to know, what are the limits of this MB. It's GA-M61PME-S2P and in specification it says: "If you install AMD AM3/AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM3/AM2+ CPU will not be impacted. "

My current CPU is AMD Athlon X2 215, which is AM3 socket. Does this 2000 MT/s means that I limited my current cpu (which works on 2700 MHz per core), to work on 2000 MHz each?

myfP7

So, in support list, stands that I would be able to use those CPU's on current MB. For example Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3300 Mhz, what would happen, if I mount that one?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Solution
"HT" is an internal "bus" connecting CPU and internal devices.
The description says your CPU will slow down internal connection speed on the MoBo.
The speed-down is purely academical, i doubt you will experience any speed reduction by that, instead your PC will feel a lot faster because of the CPU.
See you don't pay significantly more than about 45 GBP/ 50 € for the CPU. See that the cooler is top-down, and strong enough, as the X6 is a lot warmer that the Athlon.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
"HT" is an internal "bus" connecting CPU and internal devices.
The description says your CPU will slow down internal connection speed on the MoBo.
The speed-down is purely academical, i doubt you will experience any speed reduction by that, instead your PC will feel a lot faster because of the CPU.
See you don't pay significantly more than about 45 GBP/ 50 € for the CPU. See that the cooler is top-down, and strong enough, as the X6 is a lot warmer that the Athlon.

Solution

Klenb24

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

Thanks, mate. I got it.

Cheers