[SOLVED] Help about paging file pc glitching

JonelKingas

Prominent
Aug 4, 2021
can anyone help me? i have a problem about paging file, i guess thats the problem, i have it set on auto now and idk if that happens for other games but when I play terraria for a bit and exit it the pc starts glitching out like for example task manager starts flashing and glitching and after 10-15 sec everything works fine, and when I had paging file set on a system managed c drive the game even started crashing after (a bit) and it showed paging file curenctly alocatred was 5 times more than recommended (recomended says 2937) but it showed afted the glitching alocated around 16000, and when i have it at auto its says 4608 so I have no idea wth is happening maybe I messed something up with pc optimizations please help
ram i have 8x2gb 3200mhz btw

edit: this is what happens when i quit game after some time
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qPZmAHtWWc

Last edited:
Solution
can anyone help me? i have a problem about paging file, i guess thats the problem, i have it set on auto now and idk if that happens for other games but when I play terraria for a bit and exit it the pc starts glitching out like for example task manager starts flashing and glitching and after 10-15 sec everything works fine, and when I had paging file set on a system managed c drive the game even started crashing after (a bit) and it showed paging file curenctly alocatred was 5 times more than recommended (recomended says 2937) but it showed afted the glitching alocated around 16000, and when i have it at auto its says 4608 so I have no idea wth is happening maybe I messed something up with pc optimizations please help
ram i have...

kanewolf

Titan
ram i have 8x2gb 3200mhz btw
If you have 16GB RAM, you shouldn't need a page file in most situations. You need to determine what is using all the RAM first, before concentrating on a page file problem.

Solution

JonelKingas

Prominent
Aug 4, 2021
If you have 16GB RAM, you shouldn't need a page file in most situations. You need to determine what is using all the RAM first, before concentrating on a page file problem.
But what is this problem, like I said now I have it at auto it seems like it's not crashing anymore but it still starts glitching after playing for longer periods of time it flickers like that longer if I play longer, any solutions what could be happening? temps all good maybe it's some sort of service I turned off??

kanewolf

Titan
But what is this problem, like I said now I have it at auto it seems like it's not crashing anymore but it still starts glitching after playing for longer periods of time it flickers like that longer if I play longer, any solutions what could be happening? temps all good maybe it's some sort of service I turned off??
We can't know what software is active, or what is using the RAM.
You are focusing on a symptom and what I believe is the root cause -- running our of RAM. What is using the RAM. That is what you need to focus on.

JonelKingas

Prominent
Aug 4, 2021
And what have you turned off?
[/QUOTE
That seems like issue with video drivers.
Probably has nothing to do with pagefile.

Please list full technical specs of your system.

BTW - GPU usage in that video jumps from 10% to 100%. Crypto malware infection perhaps?
My pc specs are:

AMD Sapphire pulse RX 5700 newest drivers
AMD Ryzen 5 3600

B450m DS3H newest bios
G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16
evga 100-w1-0500-k2 - 500 w

Crucial BX500 480GB games
Adata XPG SX8200 PRO SSD 256GB windows

JonelKingas

Prominent
Aug 4, 2021
And what have you turned off?
I used a bat file that turns off useless services the only ones that gave me problem with that bat file that it turned off print and worstation so i turned them back on, other services like bluetooth etc i dont use so idk if its really service problem

USAFRet

Titan
I used a bat file that turns off useless services the only ones that gave me problem with that bat file that it turned off print and worstation so i turned them back on, other services like bluetooth etc i dont use so idk if its really service problem
"I used a bat file that turns off useless services"

That's rarely a good idea.

"the only ones that gave me problem with that bat file that it turned off print and worstation"
Yet here we are.

JonelKingas

Prominent
Aug 4, 2021
"I used a bat file that turns off useless services"

That's rarely a good idea.

"the only ones that gave me problem with that bat file that it turned off print and worstation"
Yet here we are.
sad news I don't think it's a paging file cause it still crashed my game and started glitching, just now after playing for few hours.
so I searched the error and got this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7my5NbOupNY

did everything in the video but still didn't help

Can you show contents of that bat file?

Probably it would be faster to just reinstall windows than fixing, what has been messed up there.

JonelKingas

Prominent
Aug 4, 2021
Can you show contents of that bat file?

Probably it would be faster to just reinstall windows than fixing, what has been messed up there.
I think the problem was .net framework somehow so i uninstaled it following internet tutorial and verified terraria on steam and terraria on launch
just reinstalled .net framework, seems to be working for now at least, when i quit it seems like it dosent glitch anymore will see if it crashes if it does ill write back

USAFRet

Titan
I think the problem was .net framework somehow so i uninstaled it following internet tutorial and verified terraria on steam and terraria on launch
just reinstalled .net framework, seems to be working for now at least, when i quit it seems like it dosent glitch anymore will see if it crashes if it does ill write back
The "problem" is whatever that batch file did.

As said, things like that are rarely a good idea.

TRENDING THREADS