[SOLVED] help about psu

Mar 21, 2020
so my father got me a pc as gift and i want to ask about the psu cause i have read some bad things about the company but im not sure. The psu is Force 550W 12cm Fan 80+ Bronze FP-550W . So is it dangerous ? Any opinion?

Solution
Old cx werent good, but the cx linked is the new version.

That cx550 grey would be a very good combo with that pc. About the best performance for the price

As you have a warranty, save up and then buy the cx550.

If it fails at least you won't be out money, just time.
There is a thread regarding Force PSU's

ye i read about it thats why im worried.But this is 5 years old .Maybe now the quality and the products are better
That what i hope at least

Nope... it is not.
Force FP-550W... yeah that's not a 550W PSU.
From it's label is a 420W unit, only providing 35A on the +12V rail. This also indicates that it uses an old design(even though it's new) - it's group regulated, not recommended anymore for newer systems.

This Force PSU having no reviews leads me to believe that it's a really low quality unit too... I wouldn't trust it to power anything that draws more power than a multimedia or a PC used for web surfing.

What are the other specs of your gifted PC(CPU, motherboard, RAM,GPU)?

Mar 21, 2020
Case: SuperCase Raider RA08A Midi Tower Acrylic Window Black
PSU: Force 550W 12cm Fan 80+ Bronze FP-550W
Motherboard: ASRock B365M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151
CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core
SSD: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
RAM: Crucial 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666
GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX 580 8 GB Red Dragon

The thing is i dont have the money to change the PSU right now. So is it really that bad to use this for a while ?

The thing is i dont have the money to change the PSU right now. So is it really that bad to use this for a while ?

You could also consider how expensive it could end up becmoning, if the PSU fails. When cheap PSUs fail, they often damage or kills other hardware - for example the graphics card would be at risk, but also the entire system in general.

So be careful if you decide to use the low quality PSU even for a short while. You never know, it might fail first time you use it, if you are really unfortunate.

Maybe you are lucky and nothing happens, personally I wouldn't risk it.
If it is difficult to find the money for a new PSU right now, what would happen if you suddenly need to replace several components that were otherwise fine until a potential breakdown of the PSU.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020
Sorry but my english arent so good so i dont know how to explain this. The pc has 3 years warranty (im not sure if i used the word correctly) so the will replace the whole system. And im thinking to use this for a while until i manage to gain some money to change to corsair PSU probably
What are your thoughts ?

Mar 8, 2020
Sorry but my english arent so good so i dont know how to explain this. The pc has 3 years warranty (im not sure if i used the word correctly) so the will replace the whole system. And im thinking to use this for a while until i manage to gain some money to change to corsair PSU probably
What are your thoughts ?
Is your PC a Pre-built or you built it yourself? if you want to know if the PSU handles you PC well set your GPU fan speed to 80~100% and run Unigine Heaven at Extreme quality preset and leave it running for a whole night (10~12 hours), If the PSU doesn't fails or your PC shuts down or you notice major power consumption drops in the GPU then it's going bad, replace it as quick as possible...

Back to the main question, is that PC a pre-built or someone built it for you? and who is the provider of the warranty?

Jan 10, 2020
If the PC is new then it shouldn't be a problem for a little while. You should definitely replace the PSU but if you're concerned about budget you can replace it in a couple of months, half a year tops. Of course if you have the money right now you should definitely replace it right away. Get a PSU from a reputable seller like seasonic.

Old cx werent good, but the cx linked is the new version.

That cx550 grey would be a very good combo with that pc. About the best performance for the price

As you have a warranty, save up and then buy the cx550.

If it fails at least you won't be out money, just time.

Solution
Last edited: