Help about two r280x models

sakiboj

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Hi,

I had this sapphire card and returned it because one fan only turned on when card reach 80 degrees and after cool gpu down it shut itself down. Now I returned it and they will send me new one but I also have option to pay a liitle more and get this asus model.

Now I have read a lot on internet and there seems to be some problem with artifacts on asus model. I see that also they have some bios update on their web page and I dont know if that fix the issue.

I must admit that I had some screen flickering in 2d apps on sapphire and artifacts sometimes but when I flashed bios from techpowerup site.

Now guys my question is should I go for asus or go with sapphire? Which one is better? And what about those artifacts, can that asus official bios update fix that issue?

I need answer quickly. I must call seller and tell him what I decided.

Plusthinking Iq

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
asus got some problem adjusting the cooler they make for amd lineup, in some cases they dont get full contact with gpu core because of amd's tilted core. msi or gigabyte aftermarked cooler should fit better.
and why stick with amd when you have problems with it, you get what you pay for most of the time, does the performance per dollar force your decision.

sakiboj

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Well I have two choices. To get new sapphire one or to pay up a little more, around 50€ for asus. For nvidia 770gtx I would have to pay up 100€ more but I got crossfire motherboard so I would like to stick with amd in case I get one gpu later on.

I just dont know what to do. Sapphire has 2 year warranty and asus 3 years. But I am affraid of those artifacts.