Question Help/advice: old desktop upgrade

Wilcal

Reputable
Mar 29, 2020
Older system. been upgraded over time, needs a bit of new life. Not a modern gamer. Currently dual boot W10 and XP. XP is there to run and play old games like Nascar Heat, Grand prix3 etc.
MB is Intel DG33FB(i know it old but seriously stable) w/ Q9550(may look for a Q9650) currently 4gb memory planning to install 8gb PC2 6400 GPU is a radeon HD5750 1gb.
System was originally the XP system and all was kept within their specs- the 4gb memory etc. Then along came W7 W8 and W10...
GPU is getting glitchy every now and then so that needs to be tackled along with the need for ram...and hoping none of that poses problems when i run XP...(BTW i have a sound card with a gameport that works for both W10 and XP) I am considering 2 GPUs Radeon RX 560 4gb Shorty version or the Gforce GTX TI 4gb(looking at the ronshin as i like its output set up) also shorty. Current vid card is right up against one of my hard drives and seriously is an air blocker, so shorty version there too.
I am wondering if something will actually work against me here and slow things down...(PS im 66 and not intersted in a modern gaming rig).