[SOLVED] Help/advice with Drivers

tqm888

Commendable
Dec 30, 2018
Hey guys,

So I’m new to PC gaming and I’ve only just recently built my first gaming PC. I’ve finished installing windows 10 (64 bit) and I’m now ready to install the drivers. Here’s my parts list:
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/TQM888/saved/

The only problem is, I have no idea which drivers I actually need and what exactly they do. I started with the motherboard and after looking at the page I got confused:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#support-dl

So I guess my main queries are:
  • Which mobo drivers do I download and do I need to Install them in a specific order?
  • Do I need to update the mobo bios?
  • Do I need to download any of the utilities?
  • What PC parts of mine will I need to download drivers for? Is it just the Mobo and GPU?
Sorry if these are stupid questions but I’m still obviously just a novice. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :)

Solution
So, another driver you will need to install/update is your cpu driver. It will automatically tell you if you need to update this and you won't need to update is much.

Your mobo bios you will not need to update much unless you have a problem with your mobo or computer then you should try and update it

Most drivers you won't need to install as they will already be installed but sometimes you will need to update them

Hope this helps! :)

Jepson

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
So, another driver you will need to install/update is your cpu driver. It will automatically tell you if you need to update this and you won't need to update is much.

Your mobo bios you will not need to update much unless you have a problem with your mobo or computer then you should try and update it

Most drivers you won't need to install as they will already be installed but sometimes you will need to update them

Solution

tqm888

Commendable
Dec 30, 2018

Thanks for the help! 👌