[SOLVED] HELP! All USB devices give unrecognised device descriptor and now I have no input devices

Oct 31, 2020
I have been having an issue where every new device I insert into a USB port gives unknown device descriptor error.

This was not a problem until I unplugged my keyboard and mouse, and now have no devices to use to get back into my computer.

One solution was to boot in linux from a USB, but I have no idea how to do this without a keyboard.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Or how to recover my data before I reformat everything?

Solution
Your USB driver may have started malfunctioning. In this case, I suggest that you restore your computer to the earlier 'system restore point'. Also restore your BIOS settings to default. But the point is how you do this without a keyboard. At least what you'll require is your keyboard to be detected. Please check if it is detecting in the BIOS. Make sure your keyboard is connected to the back-side of the computer (don't use any USB extension or HUB). If doesn't work then 'power drain' your computer and do let me know.
Aug 12, 2020
Your USB driver may have started malfunctioning. In this case, I suggest that you restore your computer to the earlier 'system restore point'. Also restore your BIOS settings to default. But the point is how you do this without a keyboard. At least what you'll require is your keyboard to be detected. Please check if it is detecting in the BIOS. Make sure your keyboard is connected to the back-side of the computer (don't use any USB extension or HUB). If doesn't work then 'power drain' your computer and do let me know.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS