Question Help! Also for my system AMD 7900 XTX causing boot times to be INSANELY slow

Jun 3, 2023
Help!

I also have the issue with long initialisation time (45 seconds) between power on and boot up BIOS screen with 7900XTX.

No such problem with my GTX 1080, it was very fast from cold start to bios boot up screen (and to windows login).

I have the latest BIOS and have tried to switch from UEFI to CSM, disable/enable fast boot and MSI fast boot, disable "above 4 gb ...something.. crypto mining (what is this??) and alot of other settings - no difference.

Hardware:

MSI Pro Z690-A Wifi DDR4, latest bios version: (7D25v1B)

i5 12600KF

Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX

From AMD Adrenaline:

BIOS-version
BIOS-date
2022/11/21 04:35

Driverversion for AMD Windows

PSU: Seasonic Prime PX 1000, 1000W

Powercolor states on their homepage that they do not provide any bios-files (or updates?) due to voiding warranty if BIOS is changed.

If anyone can help I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build?

I'd try and drop the card into a known working platform with ample power for the GPU/system and see if the issue persists. Did you bring Powercolor into the matter?

Jun 3, 2023
How old is the PSU in your build?

I'd try and drop the card into a known working platform with ample power for the GPU/system and see if the issue persists. Did you bring Powercolor into the matter?
Hi!

Thanks for your input and help.

The PSU is from march 2022.
I will check if I can use another persons PC and check if the problem persist.
I have written Powercolor and MSI, awaiting reply.
According to other threads, on Toms Hardware as well as other homepages, this problem exist for other people as well. They have 7900 XTX and MB from different brands. But not all people with 7900 XTS experience this abnormal long initialization times until bios is loaded.

Thanks again!
Best regards

Jun 3, 2023
Update:
I did two things and now the boot initialization time is down to 20 seconds until BIOS-text apperas (before 45 seconds).
No 1: I installed a new update to AMD Adrenaline, version 25.3.2.
No 2: I entered my BIOS and selected to load the "Default settings", then selected to "Save and reboot".
After this the improvement from 45 seconds to 15 seconds was there.
I then adjusted my bios settings regarding fan curve, selecting XMP for MB RAM, no MSI-logo while booting and left other things unchanged.
BR
//M

Last edited: