[SOLVED] Help and advice on parts for new pc

Jose Henrique

Honorable
Jul 20, 2014
Hello

I´m currently trying to set up a system that is small enough for me to travel with and im unsure if i will buy the alienware a51m (i9 9900k, rtx2080) or build a machine that can do the same.

the build needs to fit in a hard shell luggage because i will be using airports here and there (usually 2-3 times a year) and if possible also fit in a slim monitor just in case.

i was thinking of using a itx build with the fallowing components

ps. i live in Portugal so if i need something from amazon or some other website it needs to ship to Portugal

CPU- i9 9900k

GPU- Gigabyte RTX 2080 AORUS Xtreme 8GB

Motherboard- undecided if mini itx micro atx or atx

PSU- undecided but possible a seasonic focus plus gold 850w Full Modular if the case can fit it because i already have one laying around or going for a smaller one if the case is small to have more room to work with

RAM- Undecided but looking at 32gb (2sticks of 16gb) of ddr4 3200MHz CL15 or maybe better

Storage- 2xSSD 1 of 1TB and another 2TB possibly from intel (ssd6 m.2 2280 660p) or something similar

Case- undecided it will depend on motherboard if itx micro atx or atx

Still looking for what coolers i should pick but i was thinking of AIO Watercooling both cpu and gpu if the case can fit both

Budget of around 3000 Euros can be more if needed and it justifies the increase of it (budget being only for pc i don´t need any peripherals)

Thanks in Advance for all the help i can get

Best Regards
Henrique

Solution
Completely mobile with small footprint and high quality parts. Prices in Portugal currency...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor | €658.52 @ Newegg Portugal
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-L9i chromax.black 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler | €49.90 @ Globaldata
Motherboard | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard | €215.00 @ Globaldata
Memory | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | €158.50 @ Globaldata
Storage | HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | €188.53 @ Newegg Portugal
Storage | Crucial MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive |...
Completely mobile with small footprint and high quality parts. Prices in Portugal currency...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor | €658.52 @ Newegg Portugal
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-L9i chromax.black 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler | €49.90 @ Globaldata
Motherboard | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard | €215.00 @ Globaldata
Memory | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | €158.50 @ Globaldata
Storage | HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | €188.53 @ Newegg Portugal
Storage | Crucial MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | €239.90 @ Globaldata
Video Card | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB TURBO Video Card | €849.44 @ Newegg Portugal
Case | Silverstone GD05B-USB3.0 HTPC Case | €247.23 @ Newegg Portugal
Power Supply | Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | €99.90 @ Globaldata
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | €2706.92
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-22 21:39 CET+0100 |

Reactions: Jose Henrique
Solution

Jose Henrique

Honorable
Jul 20, 2014
Do you know if a fractal node 202 will fit all this components? because it´s a lot smaller then this silverstone and that makes it a bit more beneficial to me since i can just put it in a backpack.
i know i already can´t fit the psu but i don´t mind buying a sfx one
Only bad thing is that i have to order most of the things from amazon.co.uk because here in Portugal we don´t have any available but it´s doable.
SideNote- i don´t need to do any overclock atm i will do some at the end of the year or next year when i swap to my atx case.

Desktop computers are not intended for travel. Bouncing around can damage areas where parts are attached to the motherboard. Processor sockets, PCIe slots to name a couple.

As far cooling CPU your choice is listed as:
Coffee Lake​
  • cooling performance not sufficient
Unfortunately, the newer i7-9700k is not listed yet.

Jose Henrique

Honorable
Jul 20, 2014
Desktop computers are not intended for travel. Bouncing around can damage areas where parts are attached to the motherboard. Processor sockets, PCIe slots to name a couple.

As far cooling CPU your choice is listed as:
Coffee Lake​
  • cooling performance not sufficient
Unfortunately, the newer i7-9700k is not listed yet.

Unfortunately i don´t have a choice when it comes to travel i will however have pads all around the desktop to make it a bit safer when traveling.
I do however want a i9 9900k for sure with an rtx 2080 or even 2080 ti depending on sales (because in a year i will be working only in portugal and i will swap the case for my main atx one.
The smaller the case the better for now but i know cooling is a problem with itx cases and the good ones like ncase m1 are out of stock.
and i kinda like the looks on a case that´s why i asked about node 202 it´s smaller and looks better, i can go a bit bigger though as long as it can fit on a carry on bag.

Do you know if a fractal node 202 will fit all this components? because it´s a lot smaller then this silverstone and that makes it a bit more beneficial to me since i can just put it in a backpack.
i know i already can´t fit the psu but i don´t mind buying a sfx one
Only bad thing is that i have to order most of the things from amazon.co.uk because here in Portugal we don´t have any available but it´s doable.
SideNote- i don´t need to do any overclock atm i will do some at the end of the year or next year when i swap to my atx case.
Nope, it cant get into anything smaller as there will be thermal issues. The high end cards are not made for any smaller cases.