Help! and here comes the Question!

Goc222

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hello lads and gals!. I must say i have heard only good things about the people lurking here and this web page! :wahoo: . Anyway i require your expertise since i myself have "hit a wall" with the problem i will soon describe. My PC is an oldie but almost every piece of hardware in it has been replaced so here are the Specs:

Windows XP Professional sp 3
CPU: Pentium 4 3.0 ghz, 800 FSB, 1mb Cache
GPU: HD Radeon AG 3650 512 MB MD2
Motherboard: MSI PM8M-V
RAM: PC-3200, 2 gb, G - Skill F1 - 3200 PHU1 - ddr 400 MHz
PSU: MS - model KY 400 ATX (400 ww)
HDD sata - Western Digital

That being said here is the problem. I am a game enthusiast. Every once in a while i fire up a nice game to clear my mind and kill some time but lately i have started to experience random PC restarts while "in the game". The game i play is Dota 2 (doh - im an old dota 1 player just cant get enough of it...). This specs is enough to play at low to medium details and it was all working fine while there was only one stick of 1 gb g skill ram in it but as soon as i have put the other one exactly the same the restarts and crashes started to happen. To be honest playing with 1 gb ram is just raping my already old PC with all those low virtual memory warnings i got fed of it.

Anyway i really dont know what is happening. While there is one stick game is working but as soon as i put other one the problems start.

What i have done so far is every known fix on their forums, every single update of drivers except Bios update (too scared because i dont know what im doing), memtest which showed 0 errors. WD diagnostic for the HDD which also came back negative since HDD is new. I really dont have a clue what is going on i hope you will be able to help me.
Thanking you in Advance and you have my appologises if i have put this topic in a wrong forum (moderators beam it out where it should be).

Goc222

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Oh i forgot to say i have monitored the temperatures so its not heating problem.
CPU - idle - 39 - 40c, Gaming 55 - 64 c, Movies - 53
GPU - idle - 39 - 41 c, Gaming 45 - 50c
System Temperature is always between 32 - 37 c
HDD - 40 c all the time

TRENDING THREADS