[SOLVED] Help, are these temps normal? Ryzen 9 5950x Noctua NH D15

Jan 8, 2021
Hello, first of all thanks for helping me.

I just assembled my new PC:
- Ryzen 9 5950X
-Noctua NH D15 (One )
-x570 Aorus Master
-RTX 3070

- I would like to know if these temperatures are normal, I have done the Aida64 stress test and after almost 2 hours 01:48 to be exact, it has reached 80º as maximum

- I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077 for about an hour and the maximum that the CPU has reached is 77º with MSI Afterburner

-My IDLE temps without doing anything on the computer and only watching the msi afterburner monitor is about 40 - 50º But sometimes i see some spikes of 67º

-Being in Windows 10 while I use google, I open tabs and the temperature is around the same.

I am using only one fan in the NH D15 because the second one does not fit me due to the height of the RAM, but as I saw in reddit there should not be much difference between using 1 or 2 only a few degrees less
How do you see these temperatures? They are normal?

Solution
That's pretty normal for a 5950X. That's a 16 cores 32 thread CPU and you're using the best air cooler there is. The only thing that would be a bit better is a good AIO.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jubaz9/5950x_temperatures_post_yours_here/

Some people have higher temp than yours and some lower. All depend on the room temperature and case + fan setup at this point. The NH-D15 with the middle fan only or the Dark Rock Pro 4 it's gonna be in the same area. The thermal paste can too affect the temp by a few C.
That's pretty normal for a 5950X. That's a 16 cores 32 thread CPU and you're using the best air cooler there is. The only thing that would be a bit better is a good AIO.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jubaz9/5950x_temperatures_post_yours_here/

Some people have higher temp than yours and some lower. All depend on the room temperature and case + fan setup at this point. The NH-D15 with the middle fan only or the Dark Rock Pro 4 it's gonna be in the same area. The thermal paste can too affect the temp by a few C.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution